At Wise we believe that the people closest to risks are best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Financial Crime professional to join Wise’s mission, who will maintain oversight of the escalation and approval requirements of high risk customers and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR).
- Coach and mentor the second line FinCrime Operations team to apply best practices on reviewing high risk customers and SARs
- Support the team in acting as final point of approval for all SARs before they are submitted to CTIF
- Support the AMLCO and FinCrime Oversight team on enquiries and projects relating to AML
- Create an independent oversight reporting logic that keeps the AMLCO and the responsible leaders of Wise EU fully informed of current and emerging Financial Crime risks as they are reflected in reporting to the FIU
- Provide feedback to the first line teams on how to effectively adapt their controls to address EU specific Financial Crime risks
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - this is a relatively new function and the first that is responsible for deep diving into the world of SAR oversight
- Collaborate with bright Financial Crime Compliance people across the globe - making an impact not just in Europe but across the globe
- Lead a small but mighty team that supports you to continuously achieve your objectives.
- Learn and develop tremendously both technical compliance and personal skills.
A bit about you:
We are looking for someone that’s passionate about financial crime, fintech and building an incredible product that changes the financial lives of customers across the globe. You should have:
- Preferably some experience in liaising with a FIU
- Experience in assessing KYC and money laundering risk
- Excellent writing skills that helps our investigations come to life and supports the FIU in their fight against crime
- Comfortable with data and metrics, so that creating measurable metrics will come as second nature
- Experience in leading and coaching young professionals
What do we offer:
- Starting salary: 3100 EUR/month
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Tallinn office
- Flexible working - whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV.
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.