We’re looking for a Compliance and Risk Manager, to join our growing People team, based in our London office. This role is a unique opportunity to ensure compliance and risks are managed across the People team globally.
Spanning over 5000+ Wisers in 25+ countries, we’re truly a global business. We’re looking for someone with knowledge of risk and compliance operations, and has the ability to help the team programme manage key work to fruition. This role will give you an exciting opportunity to work internationally with talented people, in a fast-paced and multifaceted environment, while also giving you variety, scope and the ability to make an impact at scale at Wise.
- You’ll need to assess risks within the People team and help to put controls in place. You’ll need to implement a risk mindset into planning and our processes.
- You’ll stay abreast of key financial regulations from a people perspective and make sure that our training, practices and decisions are compliant.
- You’ll increase regulatory, compliance and risk awareness.
This role would suit someone who wants to solve problems, has a risk mindset and is able to execute on key regulatory and compliance processes. It’s a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, support our Wisers in all things risk and compliance, and help save our customers millions.
People Services would like to become the custodian of regulations, compliance and people related policies of Wise.
We want to increase awareness of the importance of managing risk and ensure we are compliant in our ways of working to keep our finger on the risk pulse, empowering the People Team and ensuring the service we offer is scalable.
In your role of People Compliance and Risk Lead, you’ll set the frameworks and structure for People Risk and Compliance at Wise with a desire to provide guidance and keep the People Team on track with regulatory changes. You will build close partnerships with other Wise Compliance, Risk, Audit and Privacy Teams.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the People team:
- Coach and upskill the team to understand the importance of risk and compliance
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting key risks in the People team
- Ensure compliance requirements are met from a people perspective, including partnering with governance and compliance teams in setting and executing fit and proper processes globally.
- Perform research and participate in reviews to document People compliance obligations, determine state of compliance, and develop recommendations for remediation within individual countries.
- Work closely with leaders in the people team, risk management team and other relevant stakeholders to further understand how to enable the team.
- Lead on other People related risk and compliance projects as needs arise e.g. review of our policies
- Proactively identify obstacles and opportunities, facilitate change, remove blockers, drive clear decision-making, and make iterative, evidence-based improvements to team processes e.g. ABC, Conflict of Interest, Fit & Proper.
- Knowledge of regulations, compliance and risk management, assessment and control
- Financial services experience - A solid background in the financial services industry, demonstrating a comprehensive understanding of financial products, market trends, and regulatory requirements.
- High growth, product or service led (ideally tech) experience – this will help you know how to deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities, and you’ll know how to apply the product mentality and methodology to hone your teams’ skill sets
- Regional / multi-site experience - you’re experienced in supporting People Team split across geographies and timezones, adapting to many different cultures and backgrounds
- Data-driven- with your high proficiency in data tools and visualisation, you always start with data, facts and insights to help inform your approach through storytelling to solving problems and analysing needs.
- Initiative - we’re not about “one size fits all” or looking for off-the-shelf solutions; we need you to think creatively and customise your outlook.
- Resilient change agent - you possess the skills and desire to change the status quo for the better, including the ability to manage all elements of organisational transformation, facilitation, and training.
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.