At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Product Compliance lead to join the Wise team, who will work across our product and compliance teams to take the Company to the next level by ensuring we maintain a state-of-the-art global Know Your Customer (KYC) program. This person will specifically focus on making sure our products and licenses are growing while balancing compliance requirements and risk.
This unique opportunity sits in our 1LOD FinCrime Product Compliance team that works side-by-side with our Product teams in order to:
- Focus on new products and features to ensure that scalable and compliant MVPs can be brought quickly to market.
- Remediate issues identified with existing products and features to ensure that they remain compliant and scalable
- Work as the intermediary between 2LOD compliance, Operations and our FinCrime Product teams to ensure our controls strike the right balance of mitigating risk and customer experience.
- Be an expert at evaluating compliance requirements associated with KYC regulations
- Comfortable assessing the KYC risks of new products and/or licence launches. Upskilling yourself and the product teams on the risks and regulations
- Good understanding of other FinCrime controls (e.g AML, Fraud, Screening) and how the customer’s KYC interacts with them
- Excellent communicator that can explain compliance and risk requirements to non-compliance stakeholders both inside and outside of Wise
- Problem solving mindset with a focus on unlocking growth while balancing risk and compliance. Ability to explain our controls approach to 2LOD and manage operational compliance impact ahead of new product launches
- Proactive nature that ensures we have the right KYC controls in place to launch and grow our products. As required ability to implement risk mitigation strategies and develop approaches to scale our products
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 10 years working in a financial institution
- Minimum 5 years focused on financial crime compliance. Have supported teams in building controls based on regulatory requirements/for risk mitigation.
- Experience using and analysis data for risk mitigation purposes
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders such as product, operations, and other compliance teams
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to explain control effectiveness using data
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to question teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required
What we offer in return:
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.