We’re looking for a financial crime manager to join our growing compliance team in Brussels. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in financial crime and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by keeping the bad guys away.
- Support with the implementation of the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations and the continuous compliance with those
- Training of the compliance operational teams with regards to Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
- Implementation of upcoming Belgian AML regulations
- Drafting of the Wise Europe compliance operational policies
- Working with the product teams in order to ensure the compliance of the products offered by Wise Europe with the Belgian AML and ancillary regulations
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s customers and products and how we are achieving Money Without Borders
- Help keep our product safe from the bad guys
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll be part of the compliance team in our Belgian entity and you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Play a role in helping the Belgian authorities to protect customers, beyond just Wise
A bit about you:
- Experience in a second line compliance function of a financial institution
- You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products. You have thought deeply about the Wise´s mission and how it intersects with compliance
- Analytical skills and the ability to draw insights from data and use that to drive
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations: you are able to
- prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Language: English mandatory
Some extra skills that would be great:
- Previous experience in working in a compliance team of a financial institution regulated in Belgium
- Able to speak French or Dutch fluently
What do we offer:
- Salary: 5300 - 7000 EUR
- Company Restricted Stock Units
- Numerous great benefits in our Brussels office
- Flexible working - whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.