Wise is one of the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a talented Engineering Team Lead to join our mission.
We’re looking for an IAM Engineering Lead to join our internal User Tech Service Management team in Tallinn. We have already over 85 people in User Tech spread across the UK, US, Europe and Singapore.
This is a unique opportunity to bring your ideas and expertise to one of the fastest-growing tech companies in Europe.
As we scale we continue to push our teams to run autonomously. They are closest to our customers, so they’re empowered to decide what to prioritise and deliver, without being told what to do by leadership. This means they can move fast and run multiple projects at the same time.
At Wise we split our time between the office and home focusing on using the most appropriate place for our activities. Think about coming together in person for events which focus on coaching, community and collaboration.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the team:
- Create a seamless IT experience by offering all the tools and permissions people need to do the best work they can, and simultaneously avoid being a speed hump
- Deliver scalable, stable, and well documented solutions with redundancy in mind
- Create a roadmap for the IAM Engineering team and hold your team accountable for achieving objectives
- Brainstorm smart solutions, and challenge our processes and security controls to ensure they serve a practical purpose by solving real problems - there’s no room for rubber stamping here
- Do things in a sustainable and consistent way, including identifying and working through difficult decisions around scope and realistic delivery
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- You as a leader - define the direction and empower your team to work interdependently to achieve goals in an autonomous environment
- Help others to grow - you can see the potential in people and help them to raise to the next level by providing / receiving feedback, coaching and setting practical standards
- Work with a diverse group of people from all over the world
- Support our mission to make money without borders the new normal
- Experience building Identity & Access Management services at scale in Cloud companies (SaaS or IaaS) or building IAM products.
- You have a wealth of knowledge about Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Identity and access governance (IAG) Architecture
- You have experience in an agile working environment and leading a high performing team
- You are passionate about simplifying and automating repetitive tasks
- You have proven ability in creative problem solving
- You have the ability to tailor communication to the audience - both to technical and non-technical people as needed
- You are able to manage cross-team stakeholders and partners / vendors
- You have experience in project management from vision and scoping to the final delivery and closure.
Must have skills:
- Understanding of how HRIS systems work together with IdP’s and other IT systems
- Experience with IAM solutions such as Okta, Sailpoint and other critical services like Active Directory, Azure AD and G Suite
- Experience designing, building, and deploying cloud-based software architectures
- Significant experience working with authentication and authorization protocols and frameworks (LDAP, SAML, SSO, OAuth, SCIM, OpenID Connect, etc)
- Knowledge of security concepts in relation to Access Management
- Experience in managing, configuring and integrating services
- Experience with DevOps practices including infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
Bonus skills / experience
- Experience working with public cloud providers
- Understanding of compliance standards such as PCI-DSS and ISO 270001
- You know how Disaster Recovery, Risk management, Project Management, Change and Incident Management works.
- Atlassian, Slack, G-suite, VPN
What you get back:
- The ability to choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision
- The freedom to have real impact
- The opportunity to inspire teams
- A fun work environment with social activities and events
What do we offer:
- Flexible working - whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.