We’re looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our growing Account squad in London. The role is an unique opportunity to join one of the largest fintech companies in the world. You'll be leading and growing our Product team to provide millions of people with frictionless and borderless money management.
Holding money with a bank is un-transparent and unfair. It is untransparent because you don’t know what the bank is doing with your money, who they are lending it to and how much they are making from it. It is unfair because they provide you with free services which you don’t know how much they cost to provide and give you almost zero return for holding your money with them. Unfortunately, as interest rates have increased around the world, this problem is getting worse as banks pocket a greater share of this income.
The Wise Account is our antidote to holding money in a bank. With our Assets product we enable our customers to invest their money to get a return while continuing to spend and send just like a current account. Customers can choose what it is invested in and what return it makes. We then charge a fair and transparent fee before returning the rest to them. It’s simple; it is our customers' money so they should benefit from the return it generates.
We have already launched this disruptive new product in the UK, Europe and Singapore. We need someone to come and help us take this to the next level and provide these services to millions more people around the world.
Care to help us?
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to Wise
- Create and launch a new version of the ‘current account’ by enabling customers to get a return on their money while continuing to spend and send without restrictions
- You’ll be working closely with Designers, Researchers, Developers, Compliance and Analysts to enable the team to make informed decisions and inspire the highest standards of execution
- You’ll report to the Account product lead, whose role is to help you find your own path to having a massive impact on the Wise mission
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal – you will need to figure out and build solutions so that our customers can move money instantly, conveniently, transparently, and – eventually – for free
- Build world-class products: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions with a global impact
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Inspire teams from the entire company with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
A bit about you
- You are a seasoned, hands-on Product Manager with 5 years of experience building products as a Product Manager or a Founder.
- You have launched a significant B2C product and bear the scars of the successes and failures along the way
- You are customer obsessed, meaning you go deep into understanding them, identifying where to alleviate pain points and deliver empathy
- You hunger for quantitative growth, numbers obsessed, with sufficient analytical skills to make sharp decisions quickly and independently
- You have significant technical understanding that can help unblock decisions from engineering leadership
- Experience in fintech or finance is not a requirement, as you are a fast learner and have proven so in every domain you have worked in
- Base salary: £83k - £110k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.