Wise is one of the fastest growing Fintechs in the world and we’re on a mission to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 10 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don’t let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we’re looking for a strong Senior Engineer with experience in microservices and testing to join our team in Austin.
In this role, you’ll work together with our Engineers and lead cross-team efforts to improve productivity in our Engineering organization. This means deep-diving into the challenges faced by our different teams, identifying patterns and working to create and maintain company-wide tools to help our teams ensure high quality releases. You’ll help build capability programs to empower our teams to solve their own challenges.
A bit about you:
- You’re passionate about helping others and keen to roll up your sleeves and take ownership to drive company-wide impact
- You have experience with good testing practices in a microservices architecture
- You’ve got a deep understanding of Continuous Delivery strategies in a microservice architecture
- You’re flexible to work on different kinds of projects. You’ll be working on a wide range of projects from collecting delivery performance metrics to identifying patterns and coding internal tools to boost productivity
- You have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex and technical concepts across multiple teams
- You’re willing to travel and interested in working with and learning from our Engineers across our global offices
- You’re excited to work in a disruptive, fast-growing and fun environment
Some extra skills that would be great to have:
- You’ve worked with large distributed systems
- You’ve got a Java background, preferably with Spring Boot
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus
…but don’t worry we don’t expect you to know everything!
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success – you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in our offices around the world
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 🌍 Relocation expenses covered
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- 🏆 2023 Austin BuiltIn Best Award winner for Best Places to Work and Best Large Places to Work
Find out more about our benefits in our Austin location.
Interested? Find out more:
- How we work – a practical guide
- Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- Engineering team blog
- How our Engineers build new features
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We're people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We believe teams are strongest when they are diverse, equitable and inclusive. We're proud to have a truly international team, and we celebrate our differences.
Every Wiser should feel that they can be themselves at work. Inclusive teams help us live our values and make sure every Wiser feels respected, empowered to share their contributions towards mission zero and able to progress in their careers.
Having diverse teams that reflect our diverse customer base helps us build a better product. We can be more creative and empathetic to our customer's needs and life experiences and makes sure we leave no-one behind on our journey to mission-zero.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.