We’re looking for a Due Diligence Agent to join our growing team in Tallinn. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist and help save millions more people money. This is an entry level role, so we don't expect you to have any previous experience in Due Diligence/Banking/Finance. Full training will be given to enable you to be successful in the role. If you are interested in starting your career in compliance, then this job role is perfect for you. You can read more about working as a Due Diligence Agent from our blog post here.
A Due Diligence Agent is responsible for performing timely customer due diligence to complete the KYC process. The Agent will be engaged in research and analysis. They will use information supplied by external businesses and consumer customers, information already within the organisation, external vendor tools and their overall experience to effect due diligence controls on customers and counter-parties of various characteristics.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform Due Diligence on existing, new and/or potential customers based on risk mitigation controls and certain trigger events.
- Exercise discretion in setting priorities, identifying customer records that require further review and taking action to obtain and follow-up on the information and/or documentation requested.
- Ensure that information and documentation provided by customers, from external data sources and from your own reviews (e.g. websites and company registries) meet our requirements for verification
- Perform searches utilising Internet sources and/or third-party vendors to obtain information on prospects and new/existing customers.
- Communicate with customers via email when required to handle escalated or complicated cases with strong customer empathy as well as clear communication of decisions and policies.
- Provides guidance and responses to daily inquiries from peers, front-line and management regarding due diligence matters and case analysis, when appropriate.
- Maintain basic understanding of AML/CFT Regulations and how these impact the business, as well as Wise products and Services.
- When warranted, be capable of drafting SAR narratives to report activity deemed unusual.
- Assess Risk level of referred profiles that may or may not meet the Risk criteria expected from escalations.
- Have understanding of different business models, customer types, country risks and regulatory requirements across multiple geographies.
- Support Wise in internal and external audits and regulatory due diligence process related queries reviews.
- Fluent in English and Japanese languages
- You can work autonomously within a limited variety of well-defined procedures and practices (not necessarily standardised).
- You can handles more complex activities with moderate variation. Deals with less straightforward questions, coordinate with as many sources of information necessary within and outside the business to support solutions.
- You're capable of identifying gaps in policies and processes and providing detailed feedback, including examples when possible, through the established communication channels.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to detail, analytical abilities, and ability to deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Punctual, independent, proactive and willing to get things done;
- Ability to work in a diverse work environment which requires collaboration, partnership and transparency.
- Application review
- Video interview and test in HireVue
- Final interview with two Team Leads
- Start date: Q2/Q3 2023
- Salary: Є 1,800 monthly + 7.5% for Language allowances
- Hybrid working environment - whether it’s working from home or school plays, we get that flexibility and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise on top of annual leave
- A fun and friendly environment with social activities, weekly team lunches
- More information on our offer here
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English and answering the application questions.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.