We’re looking for an experienced Technical SEO Manager to join our growing team.
This role is a unique opportunity to tackle a wide variety of SEO challenges on our multi-million URL website as you’ll be working closely with developers, analysts, and content specialists to support and grow our website further.
We have built an ecosystem of scalable SEO products that help millions of potential customers make better decisions about their finances.
We do more than just SEO. We build products to make the lives of our future customers easier, and they in turn reward us with their trust.
- Grow our established SEO products: make sure we maintain and constantly improve our rankings, adapt to the changing SERPs, contribute to the roadmaps for these products and work with engineers and designers to put these plans into action.
- Understand our prospective customers: who they are and what they are interested in.
- Improve our product landing pages. Drive organic traffic to valuable landing pages and deliver an excellent experience for our users.
- Lead and mentor 2–3 junior SEO specialists.
- Measure opportunity and impact, and make data-driven decisions
- See the results of your work making a difference to people in their everyday lives.
- Coordinate with the SEO content team on training, hiring, applying best practices, and avoiding duplicate content.
This role will give you the opportunity to
- Learn exciting new technical skills that will enable you to implement your SEO recommendations yourself
- Lead and develop others: you’ll manage 2–3 junior SEO Specialists
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand that everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Travel to work with our teams in Tallinn as well as meet key internal stakeholders when they visit from other offices
- Make significant contributions to SEO guild (SEO projects across the whole company)
All this in an exciting international environment full of smart people, in cool offices where every day is bring-your-pet-to-work day.
A bit about you
- You ideally have experience working in an SEO agency or as an in-house SEO where you were responsible for planning and implementing the SEO strategy for large sites
- You have a track record of growing user acquisition through growing traffic to a website and have independently completed complex SEO projects (for example: site migration, crawl optimisation, launch of a new site/product etc.)
- You are organised and have a strong attention to detail
- You have hands-on experience with both content and technical SEO
- You know how to measure your own performance
- You are familiar with international SEO best practices and crawl management techniques for large sites
- Confident user of tools such as Google Analytics, Google Search Console, Stat, Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, BI data tools such as Looker
- You are not afraid to learn new things
Some extra skills that would be awesome
- You speak a foreign language and/or can conduct keyword research in foreign languages
- You have successfully conducted user research or formed decisions based on user research data
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 + RSUs
We encourage people who fall outside of this range to apply if you feel you are the right fit for this role.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- National health insurance plan, with additional 3 health days per year
- Private medical insurance
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Work from (almost) anywhere up to 90 days per year
- Dog lovers can bring their dog to the office!
- Please see the full list of our benefits here
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: money without borders – so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
We’re committed to making money transfer instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. We’re also growing other products and our teams at an incredible pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, autonomy, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.