A bit about the role
Wise is looking for a Senior accountant / Accounting Project Manager to join our General Accounting team in Tallinn. The General Accounting team is part of the Finance Tribe, being responsible for the financial deliverables for all entities in Wise group. Working closely with the Tax, Controlling and other Finance teams you will be responsible for more complex accounting processes, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting as well running new accounting projects and initiatives.
Your mission will include the following activities:
- Ownership of complex accounting areas: we can offer a wide variety of accounting challenges requiring both strong data processing skills (manual and semi-automated calculation files) and strong knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards).
- Collaborate with budgeting, controlling, tax and product teams to obtain understanding about transactions and work out appropriate accounting processes.
- Ownership of innovative and improvement projects aimed to make accounting processes more reliable, efficient and automated, setting up new accounting flows.
- Participate in the external audit by replying to external auditors’ questions and information requests.
- Participate in the preparation of group-wise consolidated financial statements
A bit about you:
- Higher education in accounting, finance or economics.
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting, financial controlling or audit.
- (extra benefit) Professional finance qualification such as the ACA, ACCA, CPA or equivalent.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in a multinational environment across different cultures and countries.
- (extra benefit) You have worked in regulated environments, Fintech or Financial Services.
- Accuracy and high attention to details
- High standards for quality, ability to thoroughly review your own and others’ work and deliver the best results.
- Strong understanding of the core accounting principles (advanced IFRS knowledge would be a benefit)
- Advanced data processing skills (expert Excel is a must), ability to understand complex spreadsheets and create efficient, reliable calculations with built-in controls, easy scaling and updating capabilities.
- Ability to work independently, assume responsibility and make your own judgment. Be prepared to take ownership over complex new areas and solve problems with no or very limited guidance.
Who are you?
- You have a passion for what we’re building at Wise.
- You are keen to roll up the sleeves and get the job done.
- You are proactive, like to take the initiative and eager to make a change.
- You are open to self-development, willing to gain experience, improve your skills and keen to learn new tricks.
- You are able to work with multiple teams within and outside of finance as well as internationally on projects or ad hoc requests as required, with flexibility and a can-do attitude.
- You feel passionate about implementing your skills and knowledge in creation and improvement of controls framework and internal processes.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.