Wise is one the fastest growing companies in Europe and we’re on a mission: to make money without borders the new normal. We’ve got 16 million customers across the globe and we’re growing. Fast.
Current banking systems don't let us send, spend or receive money across borders easily. Or quickly. Or cheaply.
So, we’re building a new one.
And, we need a Senior Backend Engineer to join our mission and help us build a customer experience which is delightful, scalable and at the same time solves real problems. We’re building experiences allowing customers to send their money conveniently and reliably.
Why is the role great?
You'll be a lead figure in the team responsible for making all of our transfers move around the world as quickly as possible - this is a high degree of responsibility as this person will decide how fast money will move around the world in the future.
The team is responsible for one of the pillars of Wise - Speed! Speed involves not only technical challenges but we have a ton of product ones as well. We are trying to ensure all of our transfers reach their destination in under twenty seconds, and we're making quick progress.
You are solving a very hard problem that will directly affect the lives of millions of our customers. From day one you will be building incredible products that will affect people globally in a very real way and that will leave a mark.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen
- Be flexible in how and where you work, we understand everyone needs a little something different so we’ll do our best to make it happen
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starting attitude
- Grow a lot you will be surrounded with highly motivated and experienced folks who are ready to help when the help is needed.
A bit about you:
- You are customer obsessed
- You’re kind and empathetic, relying on and supporting the rest of the team for discussions and code or design reviews
- Naturally a positive, friendly and ambitious person
- Hands on engineering experience (JVM stack preferred, but let’s talk)
- You are able to craft a vision and clarify an ambiguous problem space into clear, tangible building blocks of a roadmap
- You’re hands on, and you’d do everything needed to make the team and the product successful. You get it done
What you get back:
- 🚀 RSU's in a growing company
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- ❤️ Statutory maternity leave, with a perk of 18 fully paid weeks of parental leave for birth or adoption
- ❤️ Paternity leave for 18 weeks at full pay
- 🌿 Fully paid ‘me days’ per year to help you manage life
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
€64,000 - €105,000 + rsu's
Find out more about our benefits in our Tallinn office.
Interested? Find out more:
- 👀 How we work – a practical guide
- 📹 Wise Vlogs: Omar, Engineering Lead
- 💻 The Wise Tech Stack, 2020 edition
- 📈 Our Engineering career map
- ❤️ Our Engineering values
…or check out our Engineering blog.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.