We’re looking for an AML Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) Specialist (Analista de PLD - Comunicações externas) to join our growing financial crime operations team in São Paulo, Brazil!
This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission and grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering (AML) and financial crime. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by reporting suspicious activity.
So if you’ve got previous experience, love fighting crime, and you’re interested in joining one of the fastest growing FinTech companies, read on!
You’ll receive an exciting package including a competitive gross monthly salary + Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) in a profitable company + a wide array of benefits! 🚀
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking.
In this role, you’ll add to that mission by:
- Reviewing escalations from our AML and Fraud investigations teams
- Summarizing investigation findings, analyzing payment activity and submitting suspicious activity reports in a timely and accurate manner to COAF (Conselho de Controle de Atividades Financeiras) and bank partners
- Preparing escalations to global teams for suspicious activity reporting in other jurisdictions
- Help to onboard new joiners to the team by providing guidance and technical support
- Developing and maintaining effective professional working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Provide input on process improvements
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done
A bit about you:
- You’re fluent in English and Portuguese - both languages are required as English is our working language
- You have previous experience in AML, Compliance, fraud, internal controls, audit, law enforcement or investigating suspicious activity
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- You have strong ability to think clearly and rationally in order to understand logical connections between various data points
- You’re able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgment calls
- You’re accurate and pay close attention to detail
- You enjoy owning your work, can operate independently, and take charge on projects when needed
- Keen to expand current knowledge base
- You’re comfortable with feedback and being part of a team where ideas are shared and openness is valued
- You live in or are willing to relocate to the greater São Paulo area
- You are already legally authorized to work in Brazil, as we cannot support Visas for this role
Even better if you have:
- Experience working at a startup or fintech company
- You have a Bachelor's degree
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV in English.
- 💵 Competitive gross monthly salary, based on experience
- 🚀 RSU's in a rapidly growing company
- 🩺 Health and Dental allowance for you and your dependents
- 💝 Life Insurance and Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- ☀️ Paid time off: 30 days vacation + 3 “Me” days + 1 volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us & child care assistance
- 🍴 Meal (560 BRL per month) and Food (880 BRL per month) Vouchers
- 🚗 Transportation vouchers
- 💻 Hybrid working model – a mix of working from home and from the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you. 💙