We’re looking for an AML Investigator to join our growing AML Investigation team in Budapest. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a specialist in anti-money laundering and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to protect customers and Wise by investigating and reporting suspicious activity.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the AML Investigations team:
- Carry out reviews on alerted accounts on the basis of both internal and external information
- Assess actual payment activity and payment patterns
- Obtain further supporting information to mitigate ML/TF concerns
- Request and analyse supporting documents when needed
- Take ownership of an individual investigation and escalating any suspicious activity in accordance with internal procedures
- Participate in an active feedback loop between the AML Investigation team and the developers/product teams to improve our product quality from a compliance perspective
- Other ad hoc duties that need to be done.
- You’re eligible to work in Hungary
- Your verbal and written English skills are excellent
- You have an exceptionally inquisitive mind. You are always looking out for more information where available, however, you are able to cut through the noise
- You have a great eye for detail. You are meticulous and can look at information with factual precision
- You have exceptional logical thinking. You are naturally able to interpret data and draw logical conclusions
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal. You are able to express your thoughts concisely and logically
- You’re able to articulate and justify your decisions. You are confident and comfortable making independent judgement calls
- You’re able to work under pressure. You can multitask efficiently and take responsibility in challenging situations
- You’re curious, keen to learn and proactive by nature
- You’re a true team player but happy working alone on independent projects
- You’re open to and value feedback in order to improve
- Previous experience in AML or investigating suspicious activity will be beneficial.
PS! If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter in English. In your cover letter please explain why you want to join the Anti-Money Laundering Investigations team and what makes you a good candidate for it. Please note that an application without a cover letter will not be considered!
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.