We’re looking for a Regulatory (Senior) Product Compliance Manager to work alongside our EU and UK Product teams to help launch new products and services, as well as maintain and upgrade our existing offering in Europe & the UK. You will work closely with the regional Product Managers, to support a cross-functional team of Bankers, Engineers, Government Relations, Public Relations and Operations Specialists.
Your primary focus will be to help the Product Team to expand the offering of our product in the UK and Europe and identify and effectively manage regulatory compliance risks across a range of the existing and new products. You will be expected to maintain a strong awareness of the impact of regulation on commercial viability and technological innovation.
Launch New Products and Features:
- Identify which regulations will apply to the new products or features and any risks that need to be mitigated as a result of this to ensure a compliant launch
- Collaborate with Product Teams throughout the product lifecycle: from design and user testing, to launch and post-launch monitoring.
- Empower Product Teams to take a risk based approach to building products, processes and controls.
- Collaborate to build practical and customer oriented product solutions while ensuring that the product remains compliant.
- Identify opportunities to improve our product proposition / competitiveness by thoroughly analysing relevant regulations and challenging existing interpretations and market practice.
Manage and Mitigate Regulatory Risks:
- Identify and manage Regulatory Risks across all Wise products offered in Europe and/or UK.
- Perform pre-launch and ongoing risk assessments, offering effective advice to Product Managers on existing and forthcoming regulations, gaps and risks.
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Compliance Oversight to ensure Product Teams are aware of new and upcoming regulations and guidance from Regulators and industry groups.
Maintain an enterprise wide view of risk:
- Escalate breaches and high rated risks to Compliance Oversight in order to help maintain an enterprise-wide view of Wise’s regulatory risk environment.
- Identify related risk typologies and ensure that the relevant specialist teams (i.e. Financial Crime, Privacy, Treasury, Finance) have provided input into the product lifecycle.
- Assist Product Teams in developing and maintaining track of relevant risks across their product, including mitigation plans, action owners and timelines to completion.
Manage a part of the product compliance team:
- Ensure planning of team capabilities, skills, knowledge and capacity, being ultimately accountable for maintaining an adequately staffed, capable, compliant, and trained team;
- You will contribute to definition, scoping and execution of long term plans and objectives, in coordination with other stakeholders.
- Lead by example by promoting a healthy feedback culture, especially around critical, more difficult conversations and leading across locations.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of the EU/UK regulations applicable to payment institutions/e-money institutions. You have previous experience providing Compliance or Regulatory Advice within Financial Services & are familiar with the evolving regulatory expectations of the local regulators.
- Fintech focus. You have experience (or interest) in working in a fast-growing technology driven environment. Previous experience in a FinTech or consultancy firm is a plus.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy. You have a problem solving attitude, with the ability to use regulations together with data to drive business decisions;
- Project management. You can break big problems/actions up into small and concrete actions. You have experience creating project plans and managing remediations/implementations.
- Team management. Previous experience managing people in a team environment, setting priorities and team strategy and supporting the people in your team in a positive way.
- Travel. You will be based in London, Tallinn or Budapest, but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two months.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits, such as
- Flexible working
- Mobile Wiser (working remotely for up to 90 days)
- 6 weeks paid sabbatical after 4 years
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.