Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Compliance Lead for our Global Regulatory team. Based in one of Wise’s Regional head offices, you will work with our growing team of multidisciplinary specialists (Product, Treasury, Wise Platform, Financial Crime) to help build world class products across Wise’s global reach. You’ll also manage and strengthen the teams’ relationships with regulators, keeping everybody informed and protecting our most valuable asset - our customers.
Lead a team of regulatory compliance experts with a mission to build a strong foundation, consistent framework and tooling which enables Wise to effectively govern regulatory risks, both at the global and regional level. Key responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing and embedding a strong and consistent global approach to defining, managing, and reporting on our regulatory risks;
- Promoting regulatory best practice across our global regulatory compliance programme;
- Ensuring clarity and transparency internally and externally on the regulatory basis of our global product offering;
- Enhancing global regulatory processes for better customer and compliance outcomes and increased efficiency;
- Supporting the delivery of the regulatory compliance programme across our licensed entities.
To achieve this, you will be responsible for:
- Providing clear and risk-based regulatory advice to regional compliance teams, as well as stakeholders across the business on strategic initiatives, including Product, Legal, Finance, Risk and Treasury.
- Ensuring the Global Compliance Policy framework meets the needs of Wise’s global business and is fully owned and tested.
- Leading and engaging on enhancements to regulatory compliance operations and processes at the Global level.
- Regulatory risk oversight in relation to Wise’s Global Expansion strategy.
- Developing and enhancing Wise’s Regulatory Engagement strategy in collaboration with Wise’s Regional Compliance Leadership and Government Relations teams.
- Representing Wise’s Regulatory Compliance function at Group-level risk committees and ensuring these committees are providing optimal visibility on regulatory risks.
- Collaboration with regional compliance and product teams to create a consistent and scalable process for the management of new products and services and the management of regulatory risks.
- Collaboration on regulatory risk metrics for Group-level Board and Committee reporting.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives.
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will have a background in an advisory role relating to financial regulation, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Theory. You are an expert in financial regulatory issues with relevant qualifications.
- Practice. You have worked in a Financial Regulation advisory role or in a Compliance/legal team and have dealt with (or worked within) regulators on a regular basis. You have demonstrable experience designing and challenging processes, ideally across multiple products.
- Passion. You get a kick out improving current practices and processes and have the drive to apply different compliance strategies to develop multiple compliance frameworks. You have thought deeply about the Wise mission and how it intersects with compliance.
- Get the job done. You are a problem-solver. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, prioritising, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Communication. You’re a strong relationship builder across all levels of the business and externally. You lead by example and can demonstrate the Wise values in all your actions.
- Development. You’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities of working at a fast growing scale-up and are looking to make an impact. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Travel. The role is based in one of our offices, but many of our teams are located across different office locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, as a guideline roughly once every two months.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.