Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer a true multi-currency account.
Your mission is to drive risk mitigation projects, working with operational, product development and other teams. You’ll drive risk awareness culture within the Operations organisation and across the company.
Here’s how you’ll add value to the team:
- Support defining the goals and vision based on our Wise risk management framework.
- Help teams analyse new products and operational processes, assess risks, build and assess controls.
- Help teams set priorities and determine the most impactful initiatives, get buy-in from relevant stakeholders.
- Take full ownership of your projects, including holding teams responsible for their work, communicating progress, keeping a clean and concise documentation.
- Act as a point of contact for operational risk and control topics for internal and external parties within your own area.
- Inspire teams with your ideas, knowledge and self-starter attitude.
- Scale culture and help create a positive and motivating work environment.
- You have 2+ years of recent work experience in the internal controls, risk management, compliance or audit field.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in project management and you are able to drive cross-team projects independently.
- You are data-driven, able to prioritise the value add, measure the impact and have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You’re a great communicator with excellent written and verbal English skills. You’ll quickly pick up on how best to communicate effectively across different audiences, and when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You can explain problems clearly and include others in the team to discuss solutions. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You have experience in working across different teams, from operational, product development to external partners, and you're comfortable taking responsibility in challenging situations.
- You have passion for international finance, payment systems and assurance.
- Your intellectual curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to understand when you don’t know something and the humility to learn.
If this sounds like the beginning of a great new challenge for you, please apply by submitting your CV and Cover Letter in English by the 20th of February.
In your Cover Letter please answer the following questions:
- Why is this the right time to apply for the operational risk specialist role in Wise?
- What value does strong operational risk management give for the organisation and its customers?
Starting salary: 2600 EUR+ RSUs
We’re people without borders — without judgment or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.