Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Monitoring and Testing Lead who will focus on developing and executing our regulatory compliance monitoring and testing plan for Europe as our team grows. You will work with colleagues from a wide variety of teams including Product, Treasury, Operations and Compliance to provide assurance and help strengthen Wise’s approach to managing the regulatory risks throughout a range of current and new products. You will work with global monitoring and testing colleagues to share best practice and coordinate approaches.
- Work with key stakeholders to develop and deliver a risk based monitoring and testing plan for Europe, including identifying and testing key controls to evaluate Wise’s regulatory compliance with rules and regulations (e.g. Law of 11 March 2018 for payment institutions, Economic Law Code).
- Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced, as well as tracking these through to completion.
- Support the wider monitoring and testing team strategy by collaborating with global colleagues and developing the Europe team.
- Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory agenda, growth plans and compliance needs.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of risk and control and have at least 5 years experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing in a compliance, internal / external audit, or consulting role (experience in a Big-4 firm is a plus).
- Industry focus. Ideally you will have a good understanding of NBB expectations and the regulatory compliance landscape for payment firms in Europe. If you haven’t worked in a compliance role previously, you’re willing to spend time upskilling yourself and embrace the learning curve in the first months of your role.
- Management skills. You have experience managing small size teams, providing guidance and feedback to more junior team members.
- Languages. You are fluent in either French or Dutch (this is a must-have), in addition to English.
- Passion. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy.
- Travel. You will be based in Brussels but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two to three months.
Interested? Read more:
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.