Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Compliance Manager who will help create a business-wide consistent method of documenting, tracking and reporting of regulatory and financial crime external audit and regulatory exams issues and actions (‘issues management project’).
Based in London / Tallinn / Budapest, you will work with a growing team of experienced compliance & testing specialists to help us build world class products that are compliant with regulations.
- Determine and re-define project scope and objectives. Ensure that the project scope is suitable for the relevant teams and that the deliverables meet individual team as well as company-wide needs.
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and manage resources in an effective and efficient manner.
- Develop and manage the project working group and work plans including risk and issues registers. Assign tasks and proactively communicate expected deliverables to all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders across 1, 2 and 3 LOD. Ensure effective governance arrangements are in place and provide governance advice as necessary.
- Monitor progress of the project and make adjustments as needed. Measure project performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Own the JIRA project management tool and associated procedures for issue and action updates.
- Implement and embed the Issues Management project and continue with ownership in BAU.
- Utilise industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout project execution.
- Build trust within our teams and coordinate inputs from multiple teams.
- You proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced.
- Adapt your focus on different compliance issues depending on growth plans and compliance needs.
- Contribute to various compliance projects as needed.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Play an instrumental role in helping a growing global team reach its full potential.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s growing business and get to know many teams across the company as you work with them to identify key data to monitor and test regulatory risk exposure.
- Develop your data analytics skills and showcase them working on complex issues relating to a vast array of topics.
A bit about you:
Our ideal candidate will be a data-driven project manager, with great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity. More specifically, we’re looking for someone who can demonstrate they have these attributes:
- Project management. You have at least 5 year’s experience of bringing order to chaos - tracking and shepherding projects from initial enquiry to conclusion and post-mortem.
- Technical knowledge. You have experience in a similar role in financial services. Ideally, you have worked at least 2 years in financial services within compliance, risk or audit.
- Organised. You are able to work independently, balance multiple activities and prioritise issues quickly.
- Get the job done. You have a sense of urgency and an ability to work well under pressure, taking responsibility and working to tight deadlines.
- Problem solving. You have demonstrable experience sourcing data, ideally across multiple products and/or regions, and you’re interested to apply this experience to our projects.
- Communicating with data. You are comfortable using data visualisations (e.g. Looker) and are a pro at JIRA. You are able to display complex data in compelling ways, and you can tailor your communication to suit both technical and non-technical teams.
- Resilient. You admit when things don’t work out and share learnings, try again and iterate with new solutions;. You recover from difficulties quickly.
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.