At Wise we believe that people who are closest to risks are the best placed to identify and address these. We are looking for an experienced Compliance Risk expert to join the Wise team, who will work across our compliance space to take our 1st line risk reporting and monitoring to the next level. This individual will specifically focus on making our compliance program best in class by spotting identifying and explaining areas of emerging fincrime risk across our products by performing root cause analysis and validating controls effectiveness.
- Be the expert at leveraging data to define and monitor fincrime risk across fraud, aml, sanctions and KYC.
- Be a master at communicating data insights, risks and fincrime causes to senior management and non-compliance stakeholders
- Be curious and able to identify problems and dig into their root causes both independently and with support across product compliance.
- Be the key point of contact for our second line compliance team and support with key compliance processes including the development and execution of regional financial crime risk assessments and assessments of our control effectiveness
- Able to own and drive our first line risk committee reporting working with stakeholders across fincrime operations and product
- Be the owner of our ongoing product monitoring, maintain a holistic view of our products and customers’ key risk areas and ensure we are able to see emerging trends in our offering.
- Enable our regional compliance and product teams to make better decisions through data and insights and provide an informed perspective on the biggest risks/opportunities within their region
A bit about you
We are looking for someone passionate about payments, fintech and compliance risk management and with an eye on the future. You should have:
- Minimum 2 years using data to perform risk assessments
- Minimum 7 years in a compliance and/or compliance risk function
- Experience in presenting at and driving risk committees for maximum impact
- An affinity with financial crime compliance and interest in developing this further - experience in compliance operations or advisory is a plus
- Experience collaborating with various stakeholders such as product, operations, and other compliance teams
- An analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Clear communication, project coordination, and management skills
- A sense of camaraderie and good humour while under pressure or tight deadlines
- Wisdom, a world view and talent for thinking outside the box
- Professionalism and high integrity
- Willingness to challenge teams and themselves on how to best serve our customers, while keeping processes robust and compliant!
- 25% international travel required when we can
What we offer in return:
- Competitive base salary
- Generous stock options package
- Lots of awesome Wise benefits
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.