What’s the role?
To achieve our mission, we’re looking for a new colleague to help us put order in our tech stack and data integrations. We call it a Technical CRM Manager, but frankly, we’re not too fussed about the name. Essentially, we’re looking for someone to own the technical roadmap and implementation of the CRM tech stack (platforms, integrations, data).
The role will be based in London and is ideal for candidates with mid-level experience who are passionate about delivering best-in-class CRM technology to empower our team to better serve our customers.
We’re problem solvers - we work with our Marketing Tech, Analytics and Product teams to define and execute the strategy for product and marketing customer comms, across multiple channels (email, push notifications, in-app messages).
- Own the technical roadmap and implementation of CRM tech stack (platforms, integrations, data).
- Ensure the smooth flow of the data to ESPs for the CRM team, maintain the data points available in Braze and create documentation to assist the CRM team to use the correct and most efficient data available.
- Ensure the scalability of data solutions and tech stack integrations as the channel grows their impact.
- Optimise the CRM platforms’ structure to ensure they function seamlessly across all channels and are built with long-term scaling in mind.
- Train the CRM team on best practices in Braze for campaign building, APIs, scripting, liquid code etc.
- Help the CRM team and stakeholders troubleshoot and resolve bugs / issues / incidents related to CRM activity.
- Mid-senior level experience in a CRM technical / operations role, either vendor, client or agency side.
- Strong technical awareness and proficiency, particularly with marketing tools (i.e. ESPs or CDPs - preferably Braze), 3rd party integrations and data delivery flows, with the ability to adapt to both strategic and hands-on requirements.
- Familiarity with CRM channels (email, push notification, in-product messages etc.) and how they are fed with customer data.
- Project management
- Experience with setting up and carrying fail-safe QA processes that safe-guard you and the team from any troubles.
- Comfortable working closely with different departments (e.g. Product, Engineering and Data) to integrate new marketing channels and technologies.
- You can build relationships and alignment between various stakeholders, but are not afraid to push ahead on your vision.
- You love analysing and manipulating data and understand how marketing segmentation, reporting and tracking works.
- You’re good with code, particularly: HTML, CSS, SQL and Shopify Liquid.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strive to have a customer-first mindset.
- Self-starter and impact-driven: you enjoy taking ownership of projects with limited oversight. You thrive more on autonomy than structure. You’re not afraid to take responsibility and ownership of your work.
- Quick learner and problem solver with a strong analytical mindset and eager to learn and develop with a passion for using data to improve CRM technical operations.
- You like to keep an eye out for the latest trends and developments in marketing technology and are not afraid to scope, prioritise and propose the best solutions for the team.
- Experience working in a medium or large international CRM team.
- Experience with data analytics and warehousing tools (Snowflake, Looker, MixPanel, Google Analytics), API-based triggering tools (e.g. Postman), data management platforms (Brazen), real-time personalisation tools (e.g. MovableInk), smart linking tools (AppsFlyer) and Python
- Basic understanding of how Facebook and Google audience targeting. works, which data points it uses.
Who we are:
Wise was founded in 2011 with a clear mission: Money without borders so people and businesses can send, spend and get paid in any currency, whenever, wherever.
Sure, the heart of what we do is international money transfer. And we’re committed to making it instant, convenient and fair for millions of people, all over the world. But we’re growing our other products and our teams at an exciting pace. And we’re looking for the very best to jump on board.
What it’s really like to work here:
At Wise, we do things a bit differently. There’s no corporate nonsense, and no old-fashioned hierarchy. Instead, we work in dozens of self-sufficient, autonomous teams. Think of them like start-ups within a start-up.
Each team picks the problems they want to solve. So, there’s no micro-management. No hiding behind fancy job titles. And no one is telling you what to do. You are your own boss. But you’ll get tons of guidance and plenty of support from your talented, super-smart teammates.
We’re going to be upfront — the way we work doesn’t suit everyone. But if freedom, and life-affirming, head-scratching professional challenges rock your world, we could be a match made in heaven.
To find out a bit more about what it’s like to work at Wise — plus a full run through of our employee benefits — visit our careers page.
- Flexible working – whether it’s working from home, school plays or life admin we get that flexibility is essential and you’re trusted to do the right thing and be responsible
- Stock options in a profitable company
- Paid annual holiday, sick days, parental leave and other leave opportunities
- 3 me days per year
- 6 weeks of paid sabbatical after 4 years at Wise, on top of annual leave
- Private medical insurance
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.