Since 2011, Wise has had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We are looking for a Compliance Officer - UAE to contribute to the building of our MEA compliance team. As the Compliance Officer, you’ll be part of the oversight function for both the fincrime and regulatory aspects of our compliance program.
Oversight of the implementation of the compliance program
- Supervise the adherence to the UAE Central Bank laws to which Wise UAE is subject for both regulatory and fincrime compliance aspects
- Develop a monitoring and testing program for the compliance controls
- Identify the need for both internal and external audit and manage the completion of those with the help of the relevant internal teams
- Own the policies translating the application of the relevant local laws at the Wise UAE level
- Train the teams in charge of the application of those compliance controls
- Point of contact with the local authorities
- Represent Wise UAE externally in the area of compliance
- Prepare the quarterly compliance reporting to the Board of directors of Wise UAE
- Participate in the group compliance risk committees
- Deploy the company risk management approach in the UAE, in collaboration with the central risk team
- Design and roll out of the of the risk management policies for the UAE entity
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the local compliance framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Help keep compliance right at the heart of our product developments and new initiatives by horizon-scanning for new regulatory developments and sharing these with the teams.
A bit about you:
If you have a background in payments or other financially regulated service, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity, then this role could be perfect for you!
- At least 5+ years experience in mid-senior level risk and compliance management and working in an international setting.
- Experience of working with regulators or similar bodies in the UAE;
- Experience in aligning to the other key risks across the risk taxonomy, including operational, compliance and strategic risk as well as intersecting risks.
- Good understanding of relevant CBUAE regulation, with a particular focus on Risk Management and Compliance
- Good understanding of systems, management information, and reporting systems.
- Ability to represent Wise UAE in a professional manner to all internal (e.g. management) and external (e.g. regulatory authorities) stakeholders.
- Demonstrated track record of second line of defence independence and challenge/ escalation where concerns are felt.
- Understands risk and regulations in the UAE, and knows how to translate that regulation into risk management practices.
- Effective in change impact, liaison with other functions.
- English fluency, Arabic is a plus
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.