- Help document, challenge and build an end to end view of our internal control environment to illustrate key risks, controls and processes. Your focus will be Market Risk mitigation activities and different types of instruments we use on our day to day business.
- Complete testing in line with programmed schedules to independently assess controls to identify gaps and implement remediation plans for upstream activities. You will work with the Head of Treasury and Corporate Treasury Manager to agree on the identified gaps and suggestions for improvement.
- Effectively support and challenge the product engineering, operations and product leadership teams on their journey to evolve and mature our risk and control environment.
- Partner with both Treasury Product and Corporate Treasury teams as needed to address risks and controls related to financial reporting. You will need to build strong effective relationships across the organisation to help us meet our goals.
- Work closely with Treasury teams during planning sessions to help guide and deliver on control design improvements. We love automation and our engineers will need your help to design the most efficient controls.
- Keep on track of control remediation findings and also monitor the progress for internal and external audit actions to ensure they are completed on time and actions are adequate to mitigate the inherent risk identified.
- Partner with our compliance function to ensure a robust control function across all lines of defence.
- Own your own path of success - You’ll have a high level of autonomy and responsibility.
- Grow with the role - You will have the exposure and opportunity to speak to key senior members of the organisation getting into the details of remediation steps. You will be able to develop your leadership skills by managing delivery of remediation points with contacts across the business.
- Stepping stone - This role provides an excellent platform for someone looking to step into the treasury function of a fast growing Fintech.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business - Get to know many teams across the business as you partner with them to help them implement a risk and control culture.
A bit about you:
- Theory - You have a very good knowledge of the basics of internal controls. Basic SQL knowledge is nice to have. You are keen to learn more about Fintechs and the inner workings of an organisation dealing with high volume transactions.
- Practice - You have demonstrable experience identifying and escalating potential market risk events and regulatory/policy changes.
- Love getting things done - You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves and take responsibility to do whatever needs doing to solve problems. You take a proactive approach in resolving complex issues. We get it done!
- Commercial acumen - You understand the value of taking a balanced approach to risk and controls to support the growth of the business.
- Collaborative - You work well in a multinational team environment and know how to have an impact through others. No Drama Good Karma!
- Development - You are keen to learn and develop your knowledge of how a FinTech and fast growing scale-up operates.
Our Treasury team is spread across the globe, but mainly in London and Tallinn, so there are a lot of video calls and some travel involved for treasury wide initiatives.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.