Location and Remote Working:
This role will be co-located in our London office alongside our Latin America product development teams. We appreciate that this can be challenging for some of you - and therefore we're willing to support new joiners with the following:
- Wise is happy to sponsor and pay for your Visa as needed, as well as offering a relocation support package for you and your dependants
- We'll offer up to 3 months per year remote working
- Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies . Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. At this point, each month we help hundreds of thousands of customers send money to and from Latin America.
- In this role, you will be ultimately responsible for the product Wise offers to consumers in Brazil.
- You’ll be directly responsible for making decisions on where and how Wise deepens its products in Brazil. You’ll look at existing products, identifying opportunities to improve them while also thinking about use cases Wise doesn’t serve yet (such as saving and investing). You’ll walk in the shoes of our customers and define what a great localised product looks like, building a seamless, intuitive product for different use cases.
- Your role will primarily be as an individual contributor - executing within the Brazil team to offer great products to customers
- You will own the plans and roadmap for this segment of our customers and work with the engineering, banking, compliance and operational teams to deliver them.
- Outside of Brazil, you will also participate in the wider strategy and plans of Wise’s expansion in emerging markets.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Directly contribute to our mission to make money without borders the new normal in Latin America.
- Build world-class products with a world class product and engineering team: The role is a unique opportunity to build innovative, state-of-the-art solutions. It’s also an opportunity to work with some of the smartest product thinkers in the world.
- Make a real impact on people's lives - by building world-class products you will be able to make a change on real people and how they relate to international transfers - how they pay, hold and receive funds internationally - helping people and businesses to make the best use of their money across the region.
- Make autonomous decisions - we believe people are most empowered when they can act autonomously. So rather than telling you what to do, you’ll work with your team to create a vision of your own. Of course, you can always gather feedback from smart, curious people across Wise but you’ll have the freedom to make your own calls
- Lead a highly cross functional team - You will build alignment and conviction across a highly cross functional team on the path forward for consumers in the Brazilian market.
A couple of skills that might describe you as a PM:
- You’re a hands-on Product Manager – You thrive in a cross functional team. You are able to operate at many levels of detail, flipping between executing as an individual contributor and influencing the wider team. You have a superpower as an individual contributor, whether it’s going deep on data analysis, design, planning or engaging stakeholders.
- You’ve built products at scale – You’ve worked on a product with thousands or even millions of customers. You’re able to navigate the product and organisational complexity of a product at scale.
- You have experience taking existing productions from functional to delightful. You can figure out which parts of our products are letting customers down and come up with solutions to improve them.
- You’re data-driven – You are able to self-serve with data, and use it to both identify opportunities and measure your impact. You can get the entire company behind you by telling stories with data.
- You have fresh ideas - You don’t accept the status quo, but are interested in solving problems in novel ways. You are able to communicate the impact of those ideas and formulate plans to implement them
Beneficial but not essential skills:
- You can speak Spanish, Portuguese, or both
- You have a connection with the [Latin America] region or have built products in that specific market.
- Base salary: £68k – £110k gross / year base (based on experience & interview outcomes)
- Restricted Stock Units (RSUs): https://www.wise.jobs/2021/03/26/the-true-value-of-stock-in-a-high-growth-company-like-wise/
- Numerous amount of other benefits: https://www.wise.jobs/what-we-do/our-offer/
- Including our London office perks: https://www.wise.jobs/2020/07/07/benefits-in-our-london-office/
- Visa and Relocation support
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn’t important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.