Since 2011, we’ve had a clear mission: money without borders. Built by and for people who live global lives, we’re the fairest, easiest way to manage your money across borders.
We’re just at the beginning of our story and we’re growing at an incredible pace. We won’t stop until anyone, anywhere can send, spend and receive money wherever they are, whatever they’re doing. There’s still heaps to do and we can’t do it alone.
We’re looking for a Monitoring and Testing Lead who will focus on developing and maintaining our regulatory compliance monitoring and testing plan for the UK as our team grows. You will work with colleagues from a wide variety of teams including Product, Treasury, Operations and Compliance to provide assurance and help strengthen Wise’s approach to managing the regulatory risks throughout a range of current and new products. You will work with global monitoring and testing colleagues to share best practice and coordinate approaches.
- Work with key stakeholders to create and deliver a risk based monitoring and testing plan for the UK, including identifying and testing key controls to evaluate compliance with rules and regulations. Work closely with colleagues in the Financial Crime Assurance or other controls testing teams to avoid duplication.
- Proactively communicate solutions to address control gaps or how our processes can be enhanced, as well as tracking these through to completion.
- Support the wider monitoring and testing team strategy by collaborating with global colleagues and developing the UK team.
- Adapt your focus depending on the regulatory agenda, growth plans and compliance needs.
A bit about you:
- Technical skills. You have a thorough understanding of risk and control and have experience designing and carrying out risk-based controls testing in a compliance, IA, audit or consulting role.
- Fintech focus. Ideally you will have a good understanding of FCA/PRA expectations and the regulatory compliance landscape for payments and investment firms in the UK. If you haven’t worked in a compliance role previously, you’re willing to spend time upskilling yourself and embrace the learning curve in the first months of your role.
- Passion. You’re excited to work at a fast growing scale-up and you’ve considered the challenges and development opportunities that this brings. Here’s a taster of what it’s like working at Wise.
- Get the job done. You’re comfortable working with a high degree of autonomy and managing evolving priorities to deliver against the team’s strategy.
- Travel. You will be based in London, Tallinn or Budapest, but you’ll also work with our colleagues in other locations. You’ll be ready to travel to meet your objectives, roughly once every two to three months.
Interested? Read more:
- Our story
- When it’s not just a job: Career development at Wise
- We offer some awesome Wise benefits and office perks
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.