Our mission is money without borders – instant, convenient, transparent and eventually free. To build the world’s first true multi-currency banking infrastructure we’ve built cutting edge data capabilities, but as we grow we need to keep evolving these. The Data Platform at Wise encompasses a broad section of our foundations, from machine learning, to real-time data streaming (Kafka), analytics (Snowflake/Looker) and database infra (Postgres/MariaDB).
This is a technical domain, but the product role isn’t there to provide the technical solution (we have great engineers for that), this role is about understanding our user needs, setting a long term vision for data at Wise and using metrics to drive outcomes in that space.
In this role you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping how we scale-up our data platform with a cloud native approach. Data is at the heart of our product and the way we manage its lifecycle is becoming more and more important. Our data governance capability is beginning to establish itself and this role will be key to its long term success. Decisions we make now will shape the long term evolution of our platform and with that a meaningful impact on our mission.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Understand the needs and complexity of data at a rapidly scaling enterprise. Taking this insight you’ll work with engineering leads to define a roadmap and strategy to achieve our goals and impact our mission.
- Choose your path to impact – we believe people are most empowered when they can act independently. You define your own path but you’ll get support from experienced product and engineering leaders to achieve your goals.
- Work across multiple teams to define success metrics that measure the overall impact and success of the data product/s.
- Grow as a domain expert – Cloud Computing, Data and banking infrastructure are only just beginning to make friends, you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape this at a significant (and rapidly growing) scale.
- Have a good understanding of open source Data technologies, data analytics and machine learning, and enjoy getting stuck into the details of complex and large data architectures that actually achieve a business outcome
- You’re empathetic, user focused, you don’t mind knocking on doors to gather user needs and feedback
- Proven experience leading one or multiple product teams that deliver high quality user experiences and to prioritise between short term tactical improvements and long strategic initiatives
- You understand the fundamentals of a cloud native ecosystem, and are intrinsically motivated by solving technical problems in the data domain.
- Passionate about outcomes over deliverables, able to use data to measure the impact of them
- You’re a confident communicator, able to grasp and translate technical constructs into simple language that resonate with any audience through written or spoken mediums
We believe that diverse teams bring fresh perspectives, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Interested? Find out more: