Senior User Experience Researcher
$115,000 - $150,000 + RSU + Benefits
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to join our growing team in New York. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a design leader and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to understand the needs of people who use these products in order to provide them with a cheaper, easier and faster experience.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing:
You’ll build our understanding of people with cross-currency needs among our key markets in order to ensure we are focused on solving the right things for customers. You’ll ensure that we build the right things the right way and support teams to evaluate their solutions to customer problems. You’ll be one of the loudest voices for the customer - helping to talk about problems, needs and ideas in a way that creates real impact for our customers.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
Be part of a team - you’ll be embedded in a team where you can drive the direction and deliver the most impact. This means you can go deep and tackle the real customer problems while working side-by-side with product design, copy, engineering, and PMs
Choose your path to impact - you’ll work with your team to autonomously create a vision of your own. You’ll have the freedom to make your own calls about how best to support customer needs and reach mission zero
Grow the research practice - The research team at Wise is growing and you will be part of helping establish how we conduct research at a global scale
Be part of our mission to make money without borders the new normal!
You have experience with both generative and evaluative research methods and are comfortable independently initiating, running and communicating research. You care about ensuring your squad delivers meaningful solutions to customers and make sure your work is focused where it will have the greatest impact. You’re a fantastic communicator and have top-notch presentation skills, especially when it comes to sharing impactful insights. You are able to guide the team on how to action your rich insights and understanding. You’re able to to work with your peers to prioritise efforts effectively - and can provide a clear rationale to your decisions. You not only advocate for the customer but for research more broadly, and have clear examples of making research an integral part of building products. You’re able to work autonomously, as well as collaboratively within a team - whether that be your product team, a wider research team, or design team.
- Demonstrable experience of a wide range of both generative and evaluative research methods
- Familiarity with accessibility
- Comfortable initiating and running multi-national, immersive studies as well as quick, light-weight tactical pieces
- Fantastic communication skills
- The ability to share insights in manageable and simple ways
- Ability to build working relationships which facilitate discussion and collaboration
- Experience advising on product direction, particularly research initiatives, and working with cross-discipline peers to define the team’s roadmap
- A rigorous research practice that puts you in an ideal position to advise and mentor others
- Ability to work autonomously, but also within a team
- A high level of comfort working in ambiguous environments
- Proven track record of advocacy for customers and the research practice
- High level of pragmatism
Nice to have skills:
- Experience working in a product-driven company
- Experience working in finance, payments, or customer support environments
- 🚀 RSU’s in a rapidly growing company
- 💻 Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week working from home, the other 2 days in the office
- ✈️ Wisers can work remotely for 90 days a year. By ‘remote’ we don’t just mean from home, but from wherever in the world you choose to
- 💪 An annual self-development budget
- 🩺 Medical, dental, & vision insurance – including HSA and FSA options
- 💝 Company-paid: Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability, and an EAP program
- 🐶 Pet friendly offices
- ☀️ 25 days PTO, 15 sick days, 11 holidays, 5 compassionate leave days, 3 paid “Me” days and a paid volunteer day, annually
- 🏝️ A paid 6-week sabbatical leave after four years
- 👶🏼 18-weeks of paid parental leave, after a year with us
- 💰 401k with up to a 4% employer match
- ⭐️ Heres more info on our benefits in New York
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help to identify and automate manual processes that complicate our customers’ lives, while increasing the efficiency of the whole operations organization, driving us towards Mission Zero! 🚀
- Challenge Yourself - You’ll be working with teams that face big challenges. You get the chance to question the norm and drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened. Through that you can learn more about yourself and what you are capable of when given the right tools and mentoring! 💪
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel this revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems! 💫
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. We’re 3500+ Wisers with 90+ nationalities located in offices from Tampa to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders across teams and locations. We get it done! 🌎
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic. 💙