Now is an exciting time to join us at Wise. We have recently opened an office in Brussels and are looking for a Compliance Manager to contribute to the building of our European compliance team. As Compliance Manager you’ll be part of the oversight function of our regulatory compliance controls. You’ll be responsible for audit and regulatory liaison, but also for policy oversight and training.
Liaise with our supervisory authority:
- Collaborate with the relevant teams to reply to queries from the National Bank of Belgium
- Be in charge of the regulatory reporting
- Build an engagement strategy with the National Bank of Belgium on regulatory compliance topics
Manage audits in the area of regulatory compliance:
- Identify the audit needs
- Manage the relationship with auditors
- Liaise with the internal teams and auditors to finalise the report
- Work with internal teams to agree on and follow-up on remediation plans
Own regulatory compliance policies:
- Drafting and update of TW Europe regulatory compliance documentation, policies and procedures
- Design and maintain a regulatory compliance training program for TW Europe.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Wise’s business and get to know many teams across the company as you liaise with them to help them understand the regulatory framework and bring together the information that our regulators need.
- Choose your own path to success - you’ll have the freedom to define the vision and the responsibility for making it happen.
A bit about you:
If you have a background in payments or other financially regulated service, great communication and organisational skills, tons of motivation and positivity, then this role could be perfect for you!
- Previous work experience in the compliance/risk sector;
- Experience of working with regulators or similar bodies;
- Strong knowledge of Belgian regulatory requirements;
- Analytical skills and familiarity with analytical tools (e.g. Looker);
- Ability to multi-task and take responsibility in challenging situations;
- Independence, pro-activity and willingness to get things done;
- Fluency in French and English (bonus points for Dutch)
- Flexibility to travel to London and Tallinn approximately 1 week every other month (but sometimes more in a post-covid world)
- Excellent organisational, communication and cross-team cooperation skills;
- Proven track record of taking individual ownership and responsibilities as well as being a great team-player.
Please note applications for this role will be reviewed w/c 3rd January
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, qualifications aren’t that important to us. If you’ve got great experience, and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.