TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech start-up that offers online money transfers to over 160 countries with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re striving to make the world a fairer place for migrants by providing tailored, more affordable financial services that makes their hard-earned money go further. Over 320 employees in offices across Europe are building a brilliant, relevant product supported by outstanding customer service.
We’ve come this far by building a talented, diverse workforce on a fair culture of trust, empowerment, and fun. And because our people understand the challenges our customers face, they’re better placed to make life easier for our customers around the world — 5 million of them, and counting.
We are looking for an ambitious and bright engineer who is eager to build and run services for moving money across the globe. If you're looking for a company where you can grow fast both professionally and personally, you might have just found one!
As Lead Back-End Engineer you will:
- Become a key member of your team that designs and helps to build top of the line services in a cloud-native, service-oriented environment;
- Enjoy a great level of end-to-end autonomy, owning system design, implementation approach and production operations of your services;
- Collaborate with product managers to shape our product strategy, roadmap and backlog. Your work will directly impact the business in tangible and visible ways;
- Drive your team’s engineering strategy, heavily influence the overall way how we build and run things;
- Mentor and help other engineers in your team.
Here are some of our core tools helping us to get the job done:
- Runtime: PHP 7/8, Symfony
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD: Github, Jenkins
- Data: MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, S3
- Test: phpspec, Behat, PHPUnit
Please take a look at our tech stack in detail on stackshare.io.
It would be awesome if:
- You are willing to lead initiatives that might go beyond a single team;
- You have extensive experience in designing and building high performance distributed services and APIs;
- You enjoy building products used by directly by people in need;
- You are a good communicator and are able to use English effectively at work;
- You have experience owning and making complex decisions;
- You have experience supporting Engineering Managers and enabling, challenging the team regarding tech decisions;
- You can champion engineering innovation and best practices;
- You enjoy sharing your experience with other engineers and helping others to succeed.
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way. We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community;
- A competitive salary package;
- Unlimited paid holiday;
- Being eligible for company's stock options;
- Private health insurance for Lithuanian and UK employees, other employees get wellbeing packages;
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home;
- The opportunity to learn with a company that is rapidly growing, along with a guaranteed training budget of €1,000;
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment – a pet-friendly office (where we have them), team events, tasty snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, a fun budget and events.
As an equal opportunities employer, TransferGo is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join TransferGo.