TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech start-up that offers online money transfers to over 160 countries with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re striving to make the world a fairer place for migrants by providing tailored, more affordable financial services that makes their hard-earned money go further. Over 320 employees in offices across Europe are building a brilliant, relevant product supported by outstanding customer service.
We’ve come this far by building a talented, diverse workforce on a fair culture of trust, empowerment, and fun. And because our people understand the challenges our customers face, they’re better placed to make life easier for our customers around the world — 5 million of them, and counting.
We are looking for an ambitious and bright engineer who is eager to build and run services for moving money across the globe. If you're looking for a company where you can grow fast both professionally and personally, you might have just found one!
As a Back-End Engineer you will:
- Design, build and operate services in a cloud-native, service-oriented environment, which will be used by multi-platform applications and hundreds of thousands of users;
- Enjoy a great level of end-to-end autonomy, contributing to system design, implementation approach and production operations of your services. We truly believe in the “Builders mindset”;
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to build modern and scalable software;
- Work in a team of strong professionals - a great chance to learn from senior software engineers, engineering and product managers.
Here are some of our core tools helping us to get the job done:
- Runtime: PHP 7/8, Symfony
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD: Github, Jenkins
- Data: MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, S3
- Test: phpspec, Behat, PHPUnit
Please take a look at our tech stack in detail on stackshare.io.
It would be awesome if:
- You have 2 years of experience in delivering quality software solutions;
- You enjoy building products used by people;
- You are a good communicator and are able to use English effectively at work;
- You are enthusiastic about technology and best engineering practices;
- You are passionate to grow your knowledge in scaling fintech companies.
What we believe
At TransferGo, we do the work that matters, prioritising our customers above all else. But special treatment isn’t reserved just for customers – we go above and beyond to help our colleagues and our company succeed, too, building trust and being transparent all the way. We take risks, learn from our mistakes and own what we do – and, by aspiring to be our best, we challenge ourselves to grow. This comes from knowledge-sharing and collaboration – and, of course, a hefty amount of fun!
Some of our best benefits
- Being part of an exciting and growing fintech startup community;
- A competitive salary package;
- Unlimited paid holiday;
- Being eligible for company's stock options;
- Private health insurance for Lithuanian and UK employees, other employees get wellbeing packages;
- Flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from home;
- The opportunity to learn with a company that is rapidly growing, along with a guaranteed training budget of €1,000;
- A friendly atmosphere and stimulating environment – a pet-friendly office (where we have them), team events, tasty snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, a fun budget and events.
As an equal opportunities employer, TransferGo is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join TransferGo.