TransferGo is a fast-growing fintech brand, offering online money transfers to over 150 countries across the world with high speeds, low fees and no hassle. We’re a diverse and multilingual bunch of people, working from offices in London, Vilnius, Kaunas, Berlin, Istanbul and Warsaw – and we’re still growing!
We are looking for an ambitious and bright engineer who is eager to build and run services for moving money across the globe. If you're looking for a company where you can grow fast both professionally and personally, you might have just found one!
As Senior Back-End Engineer you will:
- Design, build and operate services in a cloud-native, service-oriented environment, which will be used by multi-platform applications and hundreds of thousands of users
- Enjoy a great level of end-to-end autonomy, owning system design, implementation approach and production operations of your services. We truly believe in the “Builders mindset”
- Work closely with product managers and UX designers to shape product strategy, its roadmap and backlog. Your work will directly impact the business in tangible and visible ways
- Contribute to engineering strategy, roadmap and the overall way how we build and run things, with your experience, skills and knowledge
Here are some of our core tools helping us to get the job done:
- Runtime: PHP 7/8, Symfony
- Infrastructure: AWS, Docker, Kubernetes
- CI/CD: Github, Jenkins
- Data: MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, S3
- Test: phpspec, Behat, PHPUnit
Please take a look at our tech stack in detail on stackshare.io.
It would be awesome if:
- You have experience building distributed services and APIs, and you know what that means to run those in a heavy-load production
- You enjoy building products used by people
- You are a good communicator and are able to use English effectively at work
- You can champion engineering innovation and best practices
- You enjoy sharing your experience with other engineers and helping others to succeed
What we believe
Working in small, simple increments: we follow Gall's Law when building systems - start small and then gradually improve. We believe that working in small increments lets us deliver value to our customers as fast as possible. We want to minimize the work in progress and start less, finish more.
Building quality in: we prefer to prevent bugs, crashes and failures rather than fix them afterwards. We believe that fixing defects earlier enables us to deliver value quicker. When we increase technical debt, we do it only by a conscious and agreed choice.
Improving ourselves: we believe that improving daily work is as important as daily work itself. We believe that by continuously learning and challenging ourselves, we can achieve better results quicker. We value transparency and feedback and are proud of the work that we do.
Some of our best benefits are:
- Being part of an exciting and growing Fintech startup community
- A competitive salary package
- Flexible working arrangements (flexible work time, flexible location)
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Opportunity to dedicate 15% of your work time for learning and innovation
- Private health insurance (after 6 months of employment)
- Opportunity to learn with a team that is rapidly growing along - with a guaranteed training budget, supportive engineering manager and many smart engineers around
- Friendly, balanced environment (e.g. pet friendly office, team events, snacks and drinks in the office, team buildings, fun budget and events)
And in terms of compensation - typical range for this role is around 5500€-6500€ per month (gross) - of course, that depends on the individual level of skills and experience.
Due to the amount of collaboration and communication needed for smooth process, we are considering candidates from the time zones GMT/GMT+3.
If you are currently residing in UK , Lithuania, Poland, Germany or Turkey, we're able to offer a full time employment. For other locations - we use service agreement contracts.
Sounds like it’s you we’re looking for? We can't wait to meet you! Please contact our team directly by applying via the "Apply for this job" button.
As an equal opportunities employer, TransferGo is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join TransferGo.