Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, especially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Transcelestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a DevSecOps Engineer to help across the product lifecycle. This will require a high degree of collaboration with technical teams as you ensure continuous integration (CI) of tools, processes and methods are enabling us to deliver a secure world class product.
You will be working closely with the Security Lead to implement automated security controls along with testing, selection and implementation of appropriate technologies, tools and methods. You will help ensure security testing is embedded throughout the lifecycle and help build a security culture within the organisation.
- Have an automation first approach to application and infrastructure deployment, setup and configuration with regard to required security controls
- Translating security requirements to stable, scalable and robust software that is easy to deploy, operate and maintain
- Assist with security incident management and operations
- Perform security testing of networks, operating systems and applications
- Security hardening of environments and operating systems
- With an infrastructure as code approach you will architect, design and help implement highly automated deployments to support our operational model
- Automate and regularly review/optimise our CI processes and tools
- Continue to deepen your scripting, coding and system administration skills and apply them to increase operational efficiencies, reducing the need for manual processes
- Continuously innovate and keep abreast of latest security practices, methods and approaches and help ensure the CENTAURI product remains technically at the forefront of its field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3+ years experience with automating build, deployment and configuration of applications including automation of security controls
- Experience with security design principles
- Experience with automation of secure, scalable and available cloud, hybrid and on-prem based services with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) strongly preferred
- Exposure to containers, micro-services, workload templates and automation on different platforms
- Good working knowledge of infrastructure design, including network, storage and compute layers
- Knowledge and experience across the full SDLC
- Demonstrated security testing and quality assurance experience
- Exposure to development tools, frameworks and technologies such as:
- Docker containers, Terraform, use of vaults for secrets management
- SQL/NoSQL Databases e.g. PostgreSQL, Mongo, Firestore, CockroachDB, Timescale,
- Developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Experience hardening operating systems and performing penetration testing
- Relevant certifications
- Good communication skills and team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 3+ years in a technical role designing, developing and releasing technical solutions.
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application