Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Serve as a strategic financial business partner to the CEO, CTO and Executive Management team to help make sound business decisions.
- Own healthy cash flow monitoring for all of the organization's operations. Accordingly, evaluate and proposed fundraising plans and capital structure based on business growth
- Assess regularly the need to thoughtfully scale the end-to-end business processes, the systems and financial controls in support of the future growth of the Company.
- Ability to plan and support in cash to capital fundraising process and scenario modeling for future fundraising rounds with an optimum mix of equity, debt and other relevant instruments.
- Lead the annual and quarterly budget and forecasting process, financial statements, equity valuation models and reporting requirements.
- Continually streamline and improve on current reporting and accounting and cash management processes in manufacturing, quality management, and supply chain. Structure payment terms across supplier/vendor suppliers for stock and inventory management.
- Ability to process and articulate large datasets of financial information, supporting investor communication and engagement materials with a high-level presentation of the details.
- Proactively establish interactions and build on existing relationships with our investors.
- Serve as primary contact with external auditors to ensure effective execution of audit, internal controls and financial reporting activities
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of accounting policies, adapting to the changes in our business as well as changes to accounting principles.
- Degree in Finance or Business with 7-10 years in a technology company
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engineering background would be preferred.
- CPA or MBA would be preferred
- Strong financial knowledge with the ability to personally manage and implement sound financial processes in place, lead financial due diligence for forthcoming investment rounds and analyse historical financial reports.
- Prior experience working in a fast-growing technology company is a plus
- Prior experience working in a hardware manufacturing startup is a plus
- Comes with strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of accounting standards in Singapore, compliance and financial/tax regulations
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application