Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, especially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Software Engineer, Network Monitoring and Management
Tranceslestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs a Junior Software Engineer to help implement the network monitoring and management system (NMS). This will require an understanding of network management concepts and experience implementing UI’s and RESTful API’s. As the Junior Software Engineer you will be working closely with the NMS Technical Lead and Senior Software engineers on the detailed design and implementation of the NMS.
- Translating software requirements to stable, scalable and robust software that is easy to deploy, operate and maintain
- Provide active input and feedback on NMS requirements and features
- Play a key role in detailed design decisions for the NMS
- Implement new features and maintain existing software
- Ensure a high degree of focus on quality assurance including security for NMS development and releases, work closely with the QA team
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers across teams to ensure an optimal product for CENTAURI
- Learning the codebase and continually improving and enhancing your coding skills.
- Responding to requests from the development team.
- Continuously innovate and keep abreast of latest software development practices, methods and approaches and help ensure the CENTAURI product remains technically at the forefront of its field
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Excellent understanding of programming concepts including object oriented design
- Working knowledge of Go (golang) programming language highly preferred
- Exposure to network monitoring and management systems including observability and AIOps preferred
- 1+ years in a technical role designing, implementing and releasing client facing applications
- Exposure designing and implementing RESTful API’s
- Exposure to development tools, frameworks and technologies such as:
- SQL/NoSQL Databases e.g. PostgreSQL, Mongo, Firestore, CockroachDB, Timescale,
- Frontend frameworks such as React, React Native, Electron etc
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines
- Developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Good communication skills and team oriented approach
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- Work Experience: 1+ years in a technical role designing, developing and releasing technical solutions.
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application