Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Space Systems Engineer
- Together with the team help develop a novel space-based laser communication terminal
- Analyse the mission and technical specifications, orbital and mission analysis
- Design and definition of architectures for the satellite and payload. Selection of the COTS components that will implement the selected architecture
- Analyse the performance of the system in terms of error budgets, power, communications capabilities, mass, etc.
- Manage internal and external interfaces with all the elements of the mission
- Degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years of systems engineer experience, preferably in aerospace
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously in an effective manner, while cooperating in a potentially international and culturally diverse team
- Extensive knowledge of spacecraft subsystems as well as demonstrated ability to translate technical requirements into concrete engineering solutions
- Excellent technical communication, documentation and time management skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Hands-on experience in a satellite mission, ideally of the entire lifecycle of a spacecraft/instrument
- Expertise in one of the following domains: AOCS/GNC, optics/mechanicanics/electronics design for space, satellite testing, control engineering, or signal processing
- Knowledge of technical software and tools such as: STK, GMAT, SPENVIS, Matlab/Simulink, Solid Works, Python
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application