Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Software Engineer, Network Monitoring and Management
Tranceslestial is developing the next generation of its CENTAURI product and needs an experienced Senior Software Engineer to help architect, design and implement the network monitoring and management system (NMS). This will require an excellent understanding of network management concepts, observability platforms, AIOps and experience integrating to or working with at least one major network monitoring/management system (e.g ServiceNow, SolarWinds, DataDog).
As the Senior Software Engineer you will be working closely with the NMS Technical Lead on architecture and design, developing the NMS and mentoring software engineers on best practices for development.
- Translating software requirements to stable, scalable and robust software that is easy to deploy, operate and maintain
- Act as a lead when needed for other developers, providing coaching and mentoring in software development best practices
- Provide active input and feedback on NMS requirements and features based on domain knowledge and experience
- Play a key role in architecture and design decisions for the NMS
- Ensure a high degree of focus on quality assurance including security for NMS development and releases
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, software and manufacturing engineers across teams to ensure an optimal product for CENTAURI
- Continuously innovate and keep abreast of latest software development practices, methods and approaches and ensure the CENTAURI product remains technically at the forefront of its field
- Conduct critical assessments of new/external technologies impacting the product (current and future)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong knowledge of Go (golang) programming language
- Experience with network monitoring and management systems including observability and AIOps
- 5+ years in technical roles designing, implementing and releasing server-side technical solutions
- Designing and building enterprise grade distributed systems
- Experience with development tools, frameworks and technologies such as:
- Shell scripting
- SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Mongo, Elasticsearch (ELK), Timescale,
- TCP, UDP, HTTP/2, gRPC, WebSockets, REST, GraphQL, NATS
- Exposure to OpenAPI, Protobuf preferred
- Familiar with CI/CD tools and pipelining
- Experience with source code control systems, preferably Git
- OpenCensus, Jaeger, OpenTracing preferred
- Secure storage of secrets with Vault preferred
- Familiarity with developing services for Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Proxy Servers (e.g. Envoy, NGINX), Network Overlay tools (e.g. Nebula, WireGuard) preferred
- Distributed key-value stores (e.g etcd, TiKV) preferred
- GCP (GCE ,GKE, Storage, Network services, Firebase, etc) preferred
- Experience developing and deploying on Linux OS
- Ability to thrive working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application