Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Determine applications of optoelectronics to meet product objectives or features.
- Design, integrate, or test optoelectronic systems or components.
- Document optoelectronic system or component design processes.
- Responsible for the transition of optoelectronic prototypes to production.
- Conduct testing to determine functionality or optimization or to establish limits of optoelectronics systems or components.
- Responsible for testing and characterizing optoelectronics devices by following process documentation and equipment operating instructions.
- Data analysis, generate test reports with measurement results and reviews with related stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Maintenance test setups as well as liaise with vendors to do the calibration.
- Collaborate with project team members to ensure device meets specification and verify device's performance
Bachelor or Master degree or equivalent qualification in optoelectronics engineering or related engineering
Optoelectronics field application or optoelectronics components experience such as (laser diode, optical transceiver and optical amplifier)
Hands-on experience in optoelectronics design, test and manufacturing
Good presentation and communication (spoken and written) skills
Self-starter, organized, proactive, dedicated and team player
Ability to work independently with strong analytical skills
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application