Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
IT Support Specialist
- Lead the build of an internal security for all IT areas, work on strengthening the security of our online systems, plan IT projects, identify priorities and schedule resources
- Own and support optimal usage of online systems and subscriptions in the cloud infrastructure
- Partner with business and R&D team members to streamline workflows and improve productivity
- Collaborate with management stakeholders to build automated workflows that deliver business value in a growth environment
- Design, document and implement reporting on IT metrics
- Educate and train all team members on best practices using IT systems
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Engineering or related field
- At least 2 years network (office networks and cloud), system (Mac and Windows) and cloud environment (GSuite/Google Workspace) administrator experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Manage all business collaboration tools (Like Salesforce, Google Workspace, Atlassian Confluence, JIRA, GitHub, Slack)
- Build and maintain security solutions including Data Loss Prevention, Endpoint Detection & Response, Password Management
- Able to handle IT tickets, troubleshoot systems, and write code independently
- Management of directory services and provisioning of software on OS systems
- Create and maintain structured and clear documentation
- Preferred strong communication skills with ability to conduct training to all levels of team members
- Working experience of infrastructure management in AWS or Google Cloud highly preferred : AWS or GCP certifications is a big plus!
- Development experience with Python scripts for automation highly preferred
- Experience working in a growth environment for a startup or early stage technology company is highly preferred
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application