Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Network Engineer
- Principal design and implementation of customer facing network interfaces
- Specification and design of Layer 2 and Layer 3 functions like VLAN, switching, QoS, ethernet OAM, LACP, etc
- Specification and design of IP, PTN, MPLS and other routing logic for a custom switching solution
- Lead the testing and benchmarking of the Free Space Optics product and quantify its performance in different network configurations and scenarios
- Expert in low level communication stack (Ethernet, IP, CPRI, E-CPRI)
- Good understanding of the principal of operation of Layer 1 technologies (optical transceivers, microwave, ethernet, etc) and their limitations
- Deep knowledge of MNO and ISP network architectures and technologies (PTN, MPLS, etc)
- Good understanding of key performance metrics and their implementation in MNO and ISP networks
- Experience with standard RS/LDPC FEC specifications for ethernet and CPRI
- Understanding of OAM, DCN, SDN and other requirements for network equipment and their implementation
- Understanding of network scheduling and active q
- Knowledge of network equipment from various vendors and their configuration
- IEEE 1588 Precision Timing Protocol
- G.8032 Ethernet Ring Protection Switching
- IEEE 802.1s Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol
- IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation Control Protocol
- IETF DiffServ including DSCP
- IEEE 802.1p Traffic Classification
- IETF Bidirectional Forwarding Detection
- IETF NETCONF & YANG
- IETF Segment Routing
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS (ANY):
- CCIE: Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert
- CCDP: Cisco Certified Design Expert
- JNCIE-SP: Juniper Certified Service Provider Routing and Switching, Expert
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application