Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Space Optics Monostatic Engineer
Responsible for the optical system architecture design of the space laser communication device.
- Designing advanced diffraction limited telescopes for space and ground applications, including STOP analysis and Athermal Optics designs
- Selection of materials for optical systems to work efficiently in space environments
- Simulation of optical systems to validated performance in various environments including vacuum and high thermal gradients
- Designing bonding and calibration mechanisms for assembly of optical system within design tolerances
- Design testing and qualification mechanisms to assemble and validate the optical system
- Propose and conduct experiments to test the various optical components in the system.
- Identity critical system components and explore the operating limitations.
- Improve the overall efficiency of the system.
- PhD or Master's Degree in Physics, Optical Engineering, Optical Science or related technical disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Excellent technical communication, documentation and time management skills
- Capable of translating product requirements into technical specifications within the optical domain and identifying interdependencies with other submodules
- Great at communicating technical interdependencies with other technical leads of various subsystems
- Must have 5 years of recent experience in multiple space optical designs/space telescope design proven by successful fabrication/systems build.
- Advanced knowledge in geometrical, physical and modern optics, radiometry and lens and telescope systems design
- Advanced knowledge in STOP Analysis for precision optics systems
- Mastery in optical simulation tools such as Zemax, CODE V; Basic CAD knowledge
- Mastery in Athermal Optics designs for space environments
- Experience developing optical physics models in Matlab or equivalent, and ability to translate those models into physical demonstrations
- Highly experienced in precision optomechanical tolerancing and performance analyses for scalable manufacturing
- 5+ years hands-on design and development of precision optics equipment.
- Strong lab skills in designing, building and running experiments with precision optical instruments/setup.
- Familiar with assembly, bonding and measurement techniques for precision optical systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Work closely with the rest of the engineering team on integration of optical system into rest of system
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application