Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Designer, User Experience & Product
- Work closely with the Product Team to plan and conduct user research and competitor analysis
- Conduct interviews, user surveys, usability tests to support requirements gathering/validation and product design
- Interpret data and qualitative feedback
- Create user stories, personas, and storyboards
- Determine information architecture and create customer journey maps
- Create prototypes and wireframes
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Assist the organisation with implementation of best practice-based design processes, tools, and culture
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- Work with the Product Marketing and Brand Marketing team(s) to reinforce the brand's style or voice through product design touchpoints.
- 4 to 6 years of UX and product design experience required
- Experience with user research activity planning and execution (surveys, interviews, usability testing) - Experience in application of Design Thinking to real-world enterprise/B2B products desired
- Cross-platform product design experience (mobile, web, responsive)
- Knowledge or exposure to technology hardware ecosystems and software a plus : Device Deployment & Management (DDM), Nework Management (NMS) and Element Management (EMS) systems.
- Experience with Command Line Interface (CLI) design would also be a plus.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong communication, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Adaptability - Excellent Creative Problem-solving Skills
- Customer-centric mindset
- Attention to Detail
- Equally at home with synthesis of actionable insights through analysis of subjective/qualitative or quantitative data
- Strong command of contemporary design tools like Invision, Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD
- A portfolio of your work should be available for us to review, together with the job application.
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application