Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Senior Optomechanics Engineer
- Responsible for design improvements of the opto-mechanical system in ground based laser communication devices for performance improvement.
- Evaluate and improve the optical alignment processes used in manufacturing of laser communication devices
- Tasks include
- Incorporate Design for Excellence (DFx) into opto-mechanical system design to support transition from development to production.
- Support manufacturing engineering to provide and maintain appropriate tools and techniques used in the manufacturing of laser communication devices.
- Perform engineering analysis to validate design solutions with respect to alignment prescriptions, proper fit, environmental durability, manufacturability, schedule and cost.
- Interacts with hardware and software design teams to assist in the overall development of the optical systems and develop new optical alignment technologies
- Work closely with the systems group to develop the fundamental specifications that will determine final system performance and training the production engineer
- Perform electro-mechanical and opto-mechanical engineering on multiple projects through all phases of development and manufacturing
- PhD or Master's Degree in Physics, Optics, Mechanical Engineering or related technical disciplines with a minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Knowledge in geometric optics, physical optics and modern optics.
- Proficient in optical analysis using simulation softwares like Zemax, ASAP, CodeV or equivalent tools.
- Experience developing optical physics models in Matlab or equivalent, and ability to translate those models into physical demonstrations
- Experience with fiber and free space coupling optics and collection optics.
- Experience with process fixturing and optical system calibration.
- 5+ years hands-on design and development of precision optics equipment.
- Strong lab skills in designing, building and running experiments with precision optical instruments/setup.
- Ability to detail both tools developed as well as standard operating procedures (SOP) for executing measurements
- Experience with precision opto-mechanical systems with a strong understanding of how environmental factors influence optical system performance.
- Proficient in CAD software like Solidworks.
- Proficient in finite element analysis, solver and multiphysics simulation software like COMSOL.
- Proficient in DFM and manufacturing process development.
- Ability to develop and execute cohesive strategies to understand difficult problems, perform root cause analysis and develop mitigation strategies.
- Flexible and collaborative, willing to work in fast paced product and technology development.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with designing and/or handling manufacturing test equipment
- Experience in testing components for quick prototyping and proof of concepts
- Thrives in working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application