Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Do join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Finance Operations Partner
- Working with our outsourced bookkeepers to ensure timely end of the month accounts closing
- Setup and optimize information exchange template for various accounts with our bookkeepers
- Answer any and all queries from the bookkeepers, and ensure chart of accounts are followed diligently
- Ensure that inhouse teams provide the necessary information as per the financial calendar
- Continuously update the chart of accounts as per the business needs
- Financial Statements analysis
- Invoicing in line with the company’s revenue recognition policies
- Ensuring payments are uploaded on time for approval by the management.
- Working on automating budget tracking on the company’s ERP systems.
- Supporting the Finance Lead in designing, implementing and integrating of Manufacturing Resource Planner with our existing financial tools.
- Supporting any ad hoc investor queries by providing accurate and timely analysis.
- Registering the company for GST, and filing for quarterly GST returns.
- Researching financial grants programmes in Singapore and abroad. Become the go-to person for all things grants related.
- Preparing applications and effectively apply grants via the applicable portal. Follow-up on applications until closing.
- Accounting or external audit background and experience. Hardware or Manufacturing sector experience will be preferred.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- 4-6 years of experience preferably across various teams within the finance department
- Ideally has supported, if not managed, financial systems implementation/migration projects in startups or SMEs.
- GST registration and filing experience
- Autonomous and eager to take on new challenges to support a fast growing startup.
- Ability to breakdown financial concepts for non accounting savvy colleagues.
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application