Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Help develop and maintain pointing, acquisition, and tracking (PAT) onboard software of the CENTARI free space optics telecommunication device
- Developed and validate new features necessary to improve our manufacturing capabilities
- Develop high availability Linux embedded software, including error handling and testing
- Collaborate closely with electrical, mechanical, and software teams for the development of new jigs to support expansion of the manufacturing line (scalability)
- Degree in Electrical, Computer, SW Engineering or equivalent work experience in the field
- 2 to 5 years of experience in development of software components in C++
- Experience with software development for Linux OS, source control
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience writing product quality C++ code, with good OOP code organization; plus is optimization for maintainability and execution speed
- Experience in automated testing, CI/CD. and manufacturing testing is highly desired
- Experienced with scripting languages, e.g.,Python, Bash
- Experience with real-time operating systems used for closed-loop control
- Experience with communication protocols (e.g. UART, I2C, SPI, CAN, ...)
- Familiar with Go (golang) programming language, cloud infrastructures (Google Cloud, AWS)
- Familiar with signal/image processing algorithms (filtering, template matching, FFT...)
- Thrives in working with a team of people from different backgrounds in a highly collaborative, time sensitive environment
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
You should include in your application