Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, especially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Do join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
The Technical Post-Sales Engineer (TPSE) manages project implementation and support activities following a customer sale. The TPSE ensures customer implementations are completed on-time and within budget, thereby realizing the firm’s sales and profitability targets while meeting customer expectations for a successful implementation. The TPSE collaborates with sales, presales and engineering to ensure implemented projects accurately address customer needs, and are appropriately supported by key customer personnel.
- Managing the implementation of projects closed by the sales team, prioritizing effort based on maximizing total impact success, profit and customer satisfaction
- Supporting internal Engineering team in problem resolution, testbed setup and conduction of various testing for compatibility and protocols according to customer requirements
- Monitoring customer support for deployed solutions, and alerting the sales teams to potential customer satisfaction threats or competitor activity
- Ensuring coordination between Customer success, Presales and Sales team for implementation and post sales support
- Acting as an escalation point for customers on RMA and support issues
- Providing troubleshooting and guidance for customers reporting on any issue or creating an escalation ticket to the Transcelestial Support Portal
- Managing the post sales escalation tickets from deployments and queries from Transcelestial Support Portal
- Ensuring project management of pilots and initial rollouts with managed timelines together with Partners and End users
- Providing technical testing or support to pre-sales/customer on 4G/5G and L2/L3 networking and integration
- This role will require up to 50% travel to regional sites for L3 support escalations and Professional Services Support (once COVID travel restrictions are lifted)
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering
- Ideally, 5 years’ prior experience as a Field operations/Post sales engineer in the telecommunications industry
- Post-sale or technical project management experience in wireless (cellular OR microwave) deployment OR transformation projects (Layer 1-3).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and application of networking systems, able to troubleshoot installations and provide solutions to clients
- Ability to write reports
- Excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of data networking protocols, specifically TCP/IP, routing and switching
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux or Unix skills is an advantage
- Experience in system integration and multi vendors environment
- Experience in network troubleshooting; daily operation monitoring
- Experience in managing timelines, accounts and service delivery
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application