Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Do join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
Direct Sourcing & Procurement Lead
The successful candidate will work alongside Transcelestial’s R&D engineering team, sourcing new electronic, optical and mechanical parts for product development. This is an individual contributor role where the successful candidate will manage the end-to-end process for component sourcing, testing and qualification for production.
- Interact with all R&D engineers for accurate understanding of component requirements
Identify credible suppliers
- Establish a digital supplier onboarding process to ensure all suppliers pass a compliance and quality check prior to engagement
- Collect component samples for internal review and comparison
- Engage the Quality Lead to manage component testing and qualification
- Manage supplier selection and onboarding
- Engage the Finance Lead on negotiations, purchase terms and engagement contracts
- Closely monitor new component performance during onboarding and initial use
- Manage transition from R&D to production; liaise with contract manufacturer supply chain
- Ensure all medium-high dependency components have reliable primary and secondary supply
- Work closely with the Quality Lead to quickly identify components requiring urgent replacement on the manufacturing line
- Maintain supplier and component database; including price brackets, lead times, MOQ, supplier performance metrics etc.
- Maintain an internal R&D inventory of commonly used components
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Procurement, Supply Chain, or equivalent experience
- Hardware engineering background preferred
- Must have at least 4 years experience in raw material sourcing
- Sound understanding of ISO 9001 / Quality Management Systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must speak and write Mandarin fluently in order to liaise with suppliers in China
- Strong internal and external communication
- Extensive experience with financial negotiation
- Able to work independently and collaboratively across functions
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application