Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Do join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
The successful candidate will support the Business functions (Sales, Finance, People and Manufacturing) with a wide range of operational responsibilities. This position is an exciting opportunity to join a high-growth deep-tech start-up while being at the core of all Business Operations and learn from a variety of experienced business leaders.
Sales & Finance Operations (50%)
- Support the Finance and Customer Success Leads in their daily operations
- Track Sales Orders end-to-end
- Manage internal purchase requests
- Track Purchase Orders end-to-end
- Keep excellent receipt records
- Ensure each Customer passes Compliance Screening
- Keep the CRM updated
- Liaise with Customers on order status and delivery lead time
- Manage the “Finished Goods to Ready to Ship” process
- Coordinate all Export, Customs and Compliance issues
- Support the end-to-end Return Material Authorisation process
Manufacturing Operations (25%)
- Assist the Manufacturing Lead in their daily operations
- Support the end-to-end Supply Chain process
- Analyse stock position and anticipate potential stock shortages
- Manage all day to day manufacturing admin; including BOM revisions, SKU set up, stock movements etc.
- Maintain supplier database on the MRP system
Business Operations (25%)
- Assist the Operations Lead in their daily operations
- Maintain the Operations Portal on the internal wiki system (Confluence)
- Process and log all company contracts; NDA, Partner Agreements, Employment Contracts etc.
- Track all company insurance policies and licence renewals
- Assist with grant applications
- Ensure the office is fully operational with all utilities functioning properly
- Be the main point of contact with the landlord
- Ensure all office and pantry supplies are fully stocked at all office locations
- Be the COVID Safety Measures lead; ensure all visitors and staff are using the SafeEntry and temperature check upon arrival
- Manage the social calendar and organise team events
- Coordinate employee training programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Supply Chain, Logistics, or equivalent operational disciplines
- 3+ years work experience in a Business Operations role
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong analytical skills with large volumes of data
- Intermediate Excel / Google Sheets knowledge and skill base
- Quick to learn with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of daily challenges
- Ability to conduct detailed procedures in a time constrained environment
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency
- Able to work independently and within a team
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application