Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades.
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
SOFTWARE ENGINEERING LEAD
- Lead Trancelestial’s overall technical development, including product strategy, and align with the product roadmap
- Build and scale operational processes within the software engineering organization and contribute to overall engineering practices
- Extend platform functionalities, grow development base, launch new applications
- Bring data and customer insights, design and hardware analytics together to develop a new infrastructure dashboard
- Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent working experience in a relevant field.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally, more than 7 years’ prior experience in software engineering, with more than 5 years experience managing distributed teams (developer teams)
- Experience building platforms at scale - Understand architecture of end-to-end production-grade solutions (High availability, load balancing, replication, etc)
- Production experience with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Kibana, etc)
- High level of familiarity in using cloud platforms and services (such as GCP, AWS, etc)
- Experience using code as infrastructure and tools such as Terraform, Ansible, etc
- Experience with CI/CD (GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, etc) is necessary
- Understanding, designing and implementing REST and RPC (using gRPC) APIs, familiar with frontend frameworks such as React, React Native, Electron, is highly preferred
- Experience with NoSQL (Firestore, Mongo, etc) and SQL databases (PostgreSQL, etc) is preferred
- Experience with CNCF projects (Kubernetes, Helm, Fluent Bit/Fluentd, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Linux is preferred
- Experience with VCS (preferably git) is preferred
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application