Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- Able to lead and motivate a diverse team to achieve common goals. Have excellent communication skills, energetic working style, strong problem solving abilities and effective conflict resolution skills
- Lead Wi-Fi network and on-site installations on customer sites
- Work with sales and engineering team to plan site surveys, manage site preparation, that meet demands of clients and overall goals of Transcelestial
- Ensures coordination between different teams scheduling activities to ensure delivery of implementations meets customer objectives and delivery is maintained to satisfaction
- Survey properties for potential network and cable installations
- Conducting on-site inspections to evaluate quality of product and adherence to safety standards
- Acts as an escalation point for customers and internal team
- Up to 50% travel to regional sites required
- Diploma in Electronic Engineering or IT, college degree preferred but not required
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally, 3 years’ prior experience as a field operations engineer in the telecommunications industry
- Knowledge and application of networking systems, able to troubleshoot installations and provide solutions to clients
- Ability to read safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports, excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Ability to frequently work in small spaces and/or various heights, in all climates
- Willing to work flexible hours, including weekends when necessary
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application