Today, most countries across the world lack access to the internet and with that, the resources to do business, exchange ideas and learn.
Severe bottlenecks at all levels, what we call the Global Internet Distribution Challenge, has led to more than 50% of the world left unconnected entirely OR connected but with extremely poor access to the Internet. The outcome is that large swaths of the global population are hence prevented from accessing life-changing and economy-driving tools and services offered by the Internet.
What if you could really change the future?
We are building a space laser network to deliver the future of Internet Distribution worldwide. This will be the fastest way to bring the rest of the world up on the bandwidth and connectivity curve. Right now, we are using the same technology to provide a rapidly deployable, affordable, low cost and high speed Last Mile Connectivity solution, CENTAURI, which speeds up adoption of 4G and 5G globally, specially dense residential areas during COVID-19 period which require urgent bandwidth upgrades
Join our team if you want to define the rules of how our civilisation communicates!
- As a Technical Program Manager you’ll be the bridge between Business and Engineering, you’ll be working with both the technical team and business team to deliver new features to the market
- Create and maintain the Product Delivery Roadmap for the engineering teams you work closely with, along with the respective Tech and Product leaders.
- Lead Agile/Scrum teams as a coach or scrum master and maintain the product timeline
- Prepare the project schedule, define the milestones, track and report progress
- Work with the Engineers and tech teams to make sure there are no Blockers for the project delivery.
- General Technical Project management and tracking/reporting.
- Continuously find ways to help teams and the organisation improve how it delivers.
- Own the product’s roadmap presentation, organize and lead the creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Degree in Engineering or other related technical fields such as Physics or Mathematics with relevant work experience as a technical program manager in both hardware and software products.
- High level familiarity with basic concepts in the following engineering disciplines: Electrical and Electronics, Mechanical Engineering, Optics Engineering, Network Engineering and Software Engineering.
- Familiar with Scrum/Agile Hardware and Software product development cycles
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least 7-10 years’ prior experience in a hardware development or prototype building environment.
- Masters or PhD in Engineering, Physics or Maths.
- Certifications in SCRUM, Agile and project management are a plus such as Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMI/PMP-trained project manager
- Experience in Atlassian tools like JIRA for engineering resource allocation is a plus
Building the Future of Internet Distribution
Founded in Dec 2016, the Transcelestial team is located in Singapore and is backed by major investors such as Wavemaker Partners, EDBI, Airbus Ventures, Cap Vista, SEEDS Capital (Enterprise SG), Entrepreneur First, Partech Ventures, 500 Startups, AirTree Ventures, Tekton Ventures, SGInnovate, SparkLabs Global Ventures, Michael Seibel (CEO of Y-Combinator, Founder of Twitch.tv), Charles Songhurst (Microsoft’s former Head of Corporate Strategy) and other investors.
Transcelestial has won numerous industry and global awards such as SPIFFY San Andreas Award for Most Disruptive Technology by Telecom Council, The Most Ambitious Start-Up in Photonics Award by The Optical Society (OSA), etc.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
You should include in your application