Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
What we look for in our teammates
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
In this role you will be responsible for ensuring all Transcarent’s digital assets are protected from unauthorized access and other threats. This includes securing both online and on-premise infrastructures, weeding through logs and data to filter out suspicious activity, and finding and mitigating risks before they occur. You will be also responsible for creating documentation and planning for all security-related exercises, including incident response and disaster recovery tabletops.
In this role you will
- Conduct security risk assessments
- Perform both internal and external security audits
- Develop company-wide leading-practices for IT security
- Continuously update the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Verify the security posture of third-party vendors and collaborate with them to meet established security requirements
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards
- Provide timely feedbacks and coaching to other team members
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 5+ years of experience with Information Security, Compliance, Risk Management
- Experience working with GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) tools
- Experience developing and updating information security policies and procedures.
- Background working with data logging applications (SIEM), log analysis
- Familiarity with intrusion detection systems, network and endpoint security tools
- Ability to identify and mitigate vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Working knowledge and experience with standards control frameworks (e.g. SOC2, HITRUST, ISO27001, etc.)
- Coordination and communication with internal and external teams
- Comfortable writing and maintaining technical documentation
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $110,000-$135,000
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.